Hello MS & PhD students,
Please remember to apply by the deadline of March 17th, 2023.
Also, please note that MS students can apply for the three graduate student awards. While it is true that the outstanding graduate student award is mainly for PhD students - as they have the accumulated achievements over five years – any graduate student, who has a current or past GTA and GRA, could also apply, as they are evaluated on the yearly-basis.
Regarding who should write a letter on behalf of a master’s student, it can be your faculty thesis or project advisor OR your faculty supervisor for your GTA or GRA.
Graduate Student Awards
1. Graduate Teaching Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding teaching and related activities
- Students should submit their teaching portfolios for the course(s) taught in 2022 and any additional materials. See portfolio directions at http://hallertau.cs.gsu.edu/~mweeks/teaching_portfolio.html
2. Graduate Research Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding research
- Students should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser briefly describing the nature and significance of the research work published/accepted for publication in 2022, and any additional materials (papers, reviews, conference/journal acceptance rate, impact factor, etc.).
3. Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Awarded to a senior graduate student with an outstanding body of research accomplishments over his/her stay at GSU along with supporting teaching and/ or service activities.
- Students within a year of graduation should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser, a curriculum vitae (CV), and any additional materials. All Ph.D. students who passed the proposal defense and slated for 2023 (SP23, SU23, FA23) graduation will be considered and should submit their CVs.