The Computer Science Department will be hiring undergraduates to assist with tutoring for the below courses - for spring 2023 - as well as for grading for CSC 1301, CSC 1302 and CSC 2510. Please note that some of the tutoring positions will be virtual.
Below is a list of duties for the UTA (grader) position:
1. Analyzing programming assignments for correctness, efficiency, and clarity, and providing written feedback.
2. Grading exams and/or assignments.
3. Holding tutoring hours (for 1301, 1302, 2510, 2720, 3210 and 3320).
4. Attending periodic group coordination meetings.
5. Being responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of student educational records, subject to FERPA's requirements.
The pay rate for the position is $12.00 per hour, with an estimated workload of 6 hours per week.
Please fill out the below application (see link) with as much detail as possible. The hiring committee will start reviewing the spring 2023 applications immediately. The suggested deadline to apply is Wednesday January 4th, but applications will be accepted after this date - up until the first week of classes.
*The UTA program is very attractive to recruiters and has often been mentioned as the MOST important item listed on a student’s resume. Below you will see the job placements of previous UTAs.
· NCR Corporation as full-time DevOps Engineer
· NCR / Software Engineer
· NCR Corporation / Information Technology Analyst
· The Home Depot / Software Engineer Intern
· Avanade / Software Engineer
· Sogeti / IT Consultant
· VSoft Corporation / System Administrator
Mr. Jamie Hayes | Academic Program Coordinator | GSU Computer Science
[log in to unmask] | https://csds.gsu.edu/