Dear all,

Soon, those of you in your first semester should be receiving an email from me with information about who your assigned faculty mentor will be. This is a new program we a trying out in which new students are paired with a faculty member to provide guidance to the student in addition to what students receive from the grad director. This faculty mentor MAY become your thesis chair/ capstone advisor but THIS IS NOT REQUIRED. Rather, the faculty mentor is supposed to be someone who can help students along UNTIL the student chooses a thesis chair/ capstone advisor (usually by the end of the second semester). I apologize to second semester students who were not assigned a mentor last semester. Hopefully you are nearing a point where you are choosing a thesis chair or capstone advisor now! All, please let me know if you have questions or concerns.

Take care,

Dr. Black

*Graduate student forms can be found HERE*