Dear all,

See below for an internship opportunity from a former MA student:

From: Alexis Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 12:26 PM
To: Jennifer J Patico <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>, Cassandra White <[log in to unmask]>, Kathryn A Kozaitis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Internships Available

Hello to some of my favorite professors,

I am happy to tell you all that I am currently serving as an AmeriCorps member with the International Rescue Committee in their Career Development department!

I wanted to extend the invitation to GSU Anthropology students to apply for internships, or reach out about volunteering with us as we will be welcoming a large number of refugees from Afghanistan and other countries around the world very soon, and we will need a lot of support. The link is below to the application site. On the far left side there should be a bar where the students can filter to only see internship positions.

https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home?c=rescue&country=us&state=georgia

You all were at the forefront of my mind, and I think this could be an incredible opportunity for all the students, and especially for those focusing in Applied Anthropology.

Please let me know if you all have any questions and feel free to let the students know they can reach out to me directly as well. Please forward this opportunity to other departments that may be a good fit.

I hope classes are going well for everyone!

Sincerely your grateful 2 time graduate,

Alexis Powers