On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 3:48 PM Nathalie Galindo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Prof. Pan and Tammie,
I hope you're doing well! Last year, we had the pleasure of having some students from Georgia State University participating in our data analyst summer challenge. This year we've expanded the program, and would love to have your students participate. Note that the email below refers to an extended deadline of June 10th to apply to the program. We hope to see your students in the program!
Nathalie from the Google Cloud for higher education team
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Google Cloud for Education <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 12:57 PM
Subject: Student opportunity: Google Cloud higher education summer challenge
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Invite students to the Google Cloud higher education summer challenge
Dear Faculty or Administrator,
The Google Cloud higher education team is excited to announce the Google Cloud higher education summer challenge, a part of the career readiness program. As a faculty member or administrator at a college or university in the US, we invite you to forward the message below to your students so they may apply to the extended program deadline of June 10th.
You can learn more about the program here or through the email below.
Thanks in advance for your support,
The Google Cloud for higher education team
What is the Google Cloud higher education summer challenge?
The Google Cloud higher education summer challenge will offer students enrolled at US colleges and universities an opportunity to earn a spot in one of two tracks in the Google Cloud career readiness program--the Associate Cloud Engineer track or the Data Analyst track--and help kickstart their cloud careers. To do so, students will need to apply, complete a new Google Cloud skill badge by June 14th, and be willing to complete their chosen track’s curriculum during the 8 weeks of the challenge, from June 25th-August 20th.
Learn industry skills from Google Cloud trainers through on-demand course materials and apply those skills to hands-on labs. Through the program, you’ll also have the opportunity to:
· Get free access the Associate Cloud Engineer or the Data Analyst track
· Earn a specialization certificate to showcase your skills
· Access free skills-based labs through Qwiklabs, Google’s virtual lab training environment
· Attend invite-only events only accessible to summer challenge participants
· Network with Google Cloud professionals and partners
· And earn Google Cloud branded goodies - mugs, notebooks, and more!
Whether you’re looking to become a cloud-based data analyst or a cloud engineer, you can kickstart your learning today by following these steps:
· Apply no later than June 10th.
· Visit our program site to learn more about the challenge and eligibility requirements.
· Once you’ve enrolled in the program and we’ve verified your eligibility, follow the instructions in your welcome email.
· Invite your friends! Learning with friends is one of the best ways to stay on track. Invite others to join and learn with you by sharing this email.
The application deadline is June 10th, 2021.
Looking forward to seeing you in the program,
The Google Cloud higher education team