Hello CSc majors,

If you are a freshman or sophomore, please consider applying for the opportunities below:

(flyer attached)

McKinsey’s First Year Leadership Academy

Apply by May 30, 2021

The McKinsey First Year Leadership Academy (FYLA) aims to support talented Black, African American, Hispanic, Latinx, and/or Native American college first year undergraduates in their professional growth. Through a 2-day virtual program, participants will build leadership, team problem-solving, and case preparation skills. In addition, participants will learn more about the management consulting industry, careers at McKinsey, and our application process for the Sophomore Summer Business Analyst internship for summer 2022. FYLA participants will benefit from activities including (but not limited to):

·         TED-style virtual talks about leadership and communication skills

·         Team problem-solving activities with top students from across the U.S.

·         Networking with McKinsey consultants and recruiters

·         Early preparation for the McKinsey case interview process

·         An event of fun and learning

FYLA will take place June 24-26th, virtually. Please submit your resume and short essay here by May 30, 2021. Selected applicants will be notified by June 10, 2021.

Interested in learning more and meeting our teams in action? Join the upcoming sessions below to connect with us this month!

McKinsey Sector Spotlight Series

Tired of the same old information sessions? So are we!

Instead, we invite you to take a peek inside the industries and sectors we serve and how we help some of the world’s most innovative and influential organizations. There’s no limit on how many sessions you can sign up for, so enjoy!

Tuesday, May 25th, 3pm ET: Healthcare Systems and Services

The HSS practice serves private and statutory health insurers, hospitals, large physician groups, employers, national health systems, government entities, and large employers on topics that will provide opportunities for our clients to achieve substantial, lasting improvement in their performance.

Tuesday, June 8th, 6pm ET: Pharmaceuticals & Medical Products

The PMP practice serves leading global institutions on the most critical challenges they are facing in the pharmaceuticals, medical products and biologics industries, whether it be by maximizing commercial value, helping to build R&D capabilities, driving opportunities across the value chain for generics, or helping clients to transform their medical affairs function.

Thursday, June 24th, 6pm ET: Public & Social Sector

Public and Social sector organizations are key to societal and economic progress and well-being. We work with social sector and government organizations to deliver Change that Matters to citizens, driving transformations that have significant, positive impact on society. Our focus has been on Education, Economic Development, Public Health, Philanthropy, Cities & Infrastructure.

Wednesday, July 7th, 7pm ET: Digital & Technology

McKinsey drives transformation and build businesses by bringing together the capabilities needed to help organizations grow and thrive in the digital age. We help our clients harness the power of data and artificial intelligence, modernize core technology and capitalize on new technology, optimize and automate operations, fuel digital growth, and build digital talent and culture.

At McKinsey, we are dedicated to building a firm that attracts, develops and retains exceptional people. We value a respectful work environment and are committed to inclusion. Our networks support our people, providing a welcoming environment where mentorship and community create an unparalleled sense of belonging and growth. To learn more, visit our website, and follow us on Facebook at Real Life at McKinsey and McKinsey Women.  If you’d like to learn more about any of our affinity groups, we recommend attending any of the below sessions.

Black & Latinx Voices: Meaning, Community, Growth – first year and beyond

June 16

7-8:00p ET

RSVP

Black & Latinx Voices: Self-empowerment, Turning fact into story

June 30

7-8:00p ET

RSVP

Black & Latinx Voices: Problem-solving with McKinsey (Case Interview)

July 14

7-8:00pm ET

RSVP

Are you an Enlisted Veteran currently enrolled in Undergrad? Are you interested in learning more about a career in Consulting?  Please join us for the McKinsey Enlisted Veterans Forum. You’ll have a chance to hear from fellow Veterans and senior leaders at the Firm and learn more about how your

experience in the military could translate into a role in consulting.

McKinsey Enlisted

Veterans Forum

May 26

7-9:00p ET

RSVP

Other Recruiting Resources

Careers Page

Resources

We encourage you to visit our Careers Page to learn more about the elements of our interview process, find guidance on how to prepare, and tackle four practice business cases in preparation for future interviews.

You can also find a wealth of information about McKinsey, our people, and the BA experience on our Student Resources Page.

McKinsey

Recruiting Podcast

The McKinsey Recruiting Podcast is all about informing you about who we are, what we do, and how to best navigate our recruiting process. We know you have a lot on your plate, so we want to take the work out of recruiting by bringing clarity in an easily digestible way. In each episode, we answer frequently asked questions and do a deep dive on topics such as staffing & professional development, campus tech recruiting, and the BA experience

Recent Research

Reports

Coronavirus: Leading through the Crisis – a collection of insights and research on how organizations can respond and what happens next

Race in the Workplace: The Black experience in the US private sector, a report developed in collaboration with Walmart, the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, PolicyLink, and the McKinsey Institute for Black Economic Mobility which seeks to establish the baseline for Black worker representation and understand the workplace inclusion experience of Black workers in the private sector

Amplifying Diverse Voices

Our Asian Voices

Our Asian Voices features more than 70 colleagues talking about the rise in recent anti-Asian violence, what the Asian identity means to them, and what the path forward looks like – including how allies can support our communities during this time

Our Black Voices

Our Black Voices is a video collection featuring perspectives from more than 50 Black colleagues at McKinsey across North America. Members of McKinsey Black Network share perspectives on their Black experience, talk about how race and gender shape their experiences in the workplace and beyond, and discuss what’s possible when we come together against racial injustice.

For more resources on diversity, equity and inclusion at McKinsey, our affinity networks, and new reports please visit our Delivering through Diversity page.

Heads up on 2022 Recruiting!

Please note that our applications are not yet open so please do not apply yet! You will find the application deadlines for all roles including fulltime and summer business analyst roles and technical roles on the McKinsey Careers page when they are posted.

·         Interested in our Campus Tech Roles? Visit our Campus Tech page to learn more.

·         For graduation dates between December 2021 – August 2022; or students currently completing their final year in a non-business, 2-year master's program with less than 3 years of work experience, please apply for the Business Analyst (BA).

·         For graduation dates between December 2022 – August 2023, please apply for the Summer Business Analyst (SBA) Intern role.

·         For graduation dates between December 2023 – August 2024, Sophomore Summer Business Analyst internship (SSBA) provides opportunities for undergraduate candidates who self-identify as Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx and/or other members of Indigenous groups native to North America.

Please reach out to [log in to unmask] if you have any questions!