· Information Technology
If you hate restrictive job descriptions, have an appetite for growth, and love collaborating with diverse teams, Variant is the place for you. The ideal candidate will drive work around Mathematical Optimization, Machine Learning, Graph Algorithms, System Design and Architecture, and other critical work streams as we continue to grow (as well as a love for Transformers)!
· Coordinate gather & data requirements and translate them into explicit constraints for our model
· Research & design algorithms to solve problems across the organization touching the various parts of the business
· Implement & coordinate with the development team to translate the model into production code
· Come up with novel use cases for internal optimization products, and quickly develop prototypes to test these use cases
· Prepare presentations and documentation for leadership
· Master's in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or a related discipline required (PhD preferred).
· Industry experience solving large-scale optimization problems resource planning, routing, and scheduling optimization
· Familiarity with techniques including but are not limited to linear/mixed-integer programming, dynamic programming, heuristics, metaheuristics, etc.
· Proficiency in Object Oriented principles and design (with any major programming language e.g. Python, R, C++, Julia, Java) as well as the ability to implement, maintain, debug, and test
· Ability to create and maintain ETL tools for multiple data sources and types (structured/unstructured) to summarize/aggregate/clean data
· Demonstrate the ability to gather requirements from all stakeholders across the company and the ability to translate them into constraints
· Strong presentation & communication skills translating algorithmic details for technical and non-technical audiences
· Experience in agile software development conventions & tools such as version control (git), unit testing, jira, and confluence