The Computer Science Department will be hiring (5) MS students to assist in the online tutoring for the following courses:
CSC 1301 (Principles of Computer Science I)
CSC 1302 (Principles of Computer Science II)
CSC 2510 (Theoretical Foundations of Computer Science)
CSC 2720 (Data Structures)
CSC 3210 (Computer Organization and Programming)
CSC 3320 (System-Level Programming
Stipend: If selected for the position, you will be appointed as a Graduate Lab Assistant (GLA), working 20 hours per week on average. The stipend is $2500 for 2 months beginning June 1 - July 31, 2021.
Tuition Waiver: You will also receive a tuition waiver so long as you (1) meet the minimum credit hour requirement of 9 credit hours for the summer semester. Receipt of a tuition waiver means that Georgia State University will cover in annual tuition costs for you (approximately $14,000 in-state or $45,000 out-of-state).
The duties of the Tutoring (GLA) position include:
1. Analyzing programming assignments for correctness, efficiency, and clarity, and providing written feedback.
2. Grading exams and/or assignments.
3. Helping to develop labs and assignments.
4. Holding office/tutoring hours.
5. Attending periodic group coordination meetings.
6. Being responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of student educational records, subject to FERPA's requirements.
Please fill out the following application and upload your resume by 5 pm on April 26, 2021.
The committee will start reviewing the Summer 2021 applications immediately.