Hello students,

I hope everyone is having a good semester. I announced previously that there is a virtual talk coming up in the Department on March 25 at 5 pm by Rachel Watkins, a biocultural anthropologist of race and racism at American University.  See her full profile here: Faculty, Anthropology | American University, Washington, DC.

I will soon be sending out a Webex invitation for the talk. For some reason, the listserv invite worked for faculty last time but not for students, so that you had to email me individually to receive the link. This time around I’ll try just posting the link to this listserv if it doesn’t work the first time. I’ll also be sending around a flier once I have full talk information from the speaker.

In the meantime, please keep in mind that your attendance is expected. We understand if you have familial or work obligations that simply can’t be changed; feel free to let me or Dr. Black know in that case. Otherwise, you should think of these talks as part of your expected participation in the program. We all need the intellectual community, especially these days!  And this promises to be another really great talk.

Jennifer Patico

Associate Professor and Chair

Department of Anthropology

https://nyupress.org/9781479845989/the-trouble-with-snack-time/