Dear all,

I’m writing to announce that the Department of Anthropology’s Annual Outstanding Graduate Research Paper in Anthropology Competition is now open to all current graduate students as well as those who graduated in 2020. The prize is $250. The deadline for submission is March 1. To be considered, please submit a PDF of your paper (max length 20 pages double-spaced with 12pt font) to me ([log in to unmask]). More details are available in the attached PDF.

Take care,

Dr. Black

Steven P. Black

Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies/ Department of Anthropology / Georgia State University

Co-Editor / Society for Linguistic Anthropology Column / Anthropology News

Senior Editor / Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Anthropology

The Global Health Discourse Project / GSU Anthropology / Book: Speech and Song at the Margins of Global Health

*Graduate student forms can be found HERE*