Presented by The Office of the Registrar & The Office of Graduate Services

All student records are protected by the federal privacy law, FERPA (The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974). As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, it is your responsibility to comply with this law.

But what is FERPA anyway? What exactly constitutes a "student record"? In this informative session, you will learn the FERPA basics as well as best practices for making sure you're in compliance and how to respond to real-life scenarios. This training is a must for all teaching assistants.*

Thursday, January 28, 2021
1 PM – 2 PM

*This training will not be recorded.

VIEW MORE EVENTS

Though the Office of Graduate Services staff is working off-site, we are still available and committed to providing the same level of service and availability as we help you navigate your graduate school journey. You can reach us remotely during our regular office hours of 8:30 AM to 5:15 PM. Here's how.

GRADUATE SERVICES | STUDENT RESOURCES

The Office of Graduate Services works in partnership with students, their departments, and the college as a whole to provide resources that guide academic and personal wellness throughout students’ graduate school journeys. Our team focuses on holistically supporting students, promoting success in graduate school and beyond.

This email was sent by: Georgia State University
P.O. Box 3965, Atlanta, GA, 30302

Privacy Policy

Update Profile      Manage Subscriptions      Unsubscribe

CAUTION: This email was sent from someone outside of the university. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.