Good evening!

This Fall semester, from Friday, November 20, 2020, through Sunday, November 22, 2020, Georgia State University will be holding our 9th HackGSU Computer Science Hackathon. This event will be entirely ONLINE. HackGSU is hosted by the ACM, IEEE, and Girls++ student organizations and we need your help!

Last Fall, we hosted over 400 students, from top undergraduate programs across the United States and Canada. I am reaching out to you to see if you might be interested in being a Sponsor at the HackGSU Fall 2020 Hackathon? Hackathons are a great opportunity to directly interact with students, as well as a wonderful recruiting resource, presenting a hands-on opportunity to review the candidate's skills. This Fall semester, we are again expecting over 400+ participants at our ONLINE collaborative programming competition!

Sponsorship packet: http://sponsors.hackgsu.com/hackGSU_Sponsorship_packet.pdf<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsponsors.hackgsu.com%2FhackGSU_Sponsorship_packet.pdf&data=04%7C01%7Ctdudley%40gsu.edu%7C818ef468d5094da4ab6708d87563c980%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C0%7C637388418947094407%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&sdata=TuFal%2B7FpzLJntJfcvnOQt4n6HFIjw2tWKTrPlK1swM%3D&reserved=0>

So, what's a hackathon?  A hackathon is a non-stop programming competition that spans several days (usually over a weekend). University students and new graduates all over the country will be ONLINE to attend and compete. Hackathons are not for every student - it's a very high-energy, non-stop event for the best of the best from across the country. A 3-day-long hackathon is not everyone's cup of tea!  Only the most passionate, driven undergraduates make time in their busy schedules to participate at HackGSU and code their brightest ideas into reality. These are the students you want working in your company!

Typical student participant academic concentrations include:
* Software Engineering
* Mobile App Development
* Big Data Programming
* Web Development
* UX/UI
* Cyber Security
* Visualizations

A hackathon is a dedicated, fun opportunity for you to share your company's vision and employment opportunities (full-time and internship) directly with amazing students from all over the country. Where are they coming from? Students from coast to coast participate in HackGSU:
* North: UWO, UofT, NYU, Temple, Western, McMaster
* West: UCLA, UW, UTexas
* East: PennState, University of Virginia, Princeton

Please find attached information on our HackGSU Sponsorship opportunities - we are working hard to make this collegiate event great, and we appreciate you taking the time to work with us!

Sponsorship packet: http://sponsors.hackgsu.com/hackGSU_Sponsorship_packet.pdf

We would love to hear from you! Please drop us a line at your convenience or reach out to us directly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

  event email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  event website: http://www.hackgsu.com<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hackgsu.com%2F&data=04%7C01%7Ctdudley%40gsu.edu%7C818ef468d5094da4ab6708d87563c980%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C0%7C637388418947104402%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&sdata=hmZ6XRP%2BzTrrRe87qvgNNOkNMzlnzY1ABZjhDTOSBHQ%3D&reserved=0>

We are very excited about the event, and I personally am really looking forward to it! Please send me your thoughts - Your support makes amazing things possible at Georgia State University. Thank you!!!

Cheers,

Lauren James, HackGSU Director

Georgia State University

Honors College and College of Arts & Sciences
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>