HI  Dr. Yi Pan

My name is Andrew McCall and I am a Consultant at Bates White, an economic consulting firm in Washington, DC specializing in providing advanced economic, financial, and econometric analysis to law firms, companies, and government agencies. We are reaching out to notify students of our Summer Consultant Program and full-time Consultant opportunities. We are particularly interested in students with a strong computer science background and find that these students enjoy working at Bates White. I was hoping you could forward the following information about us (see below), as well as the attached job descriptions to juniors and seniors in your department. Please let me know if you have any questions about the details provided below.

Thank you so much for your help,

Best

Andrew

Andrew McCall

Consultant II

Direct: 202.734.4967

2001 K Street NW, North Building, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20006

bateswhite.com

Information on Bates White

Bates White is an economic consulting firm in Washington, DC specializing in providing advanced economic, financial, and econometric analysis to law firms, companies, and government agencies. We are particularly interested in students with a strong quantitative background, and find that these students enjoy working at Bates White. We will be accepting applications from juniors and seniors for summer and full-time positions, respectively, through October 4. More information can be found on our website, www.bateswhite.com. Our application deadlines are:

-        Full-time positions (seniors): October 4 at 11:59 PM

-        Summer positions (juniors): October 4 at 11:59 PM

We will be partnering with HBCU 20x20, a national diversity and inclusion company focused on connecting students and graduates of HBCUs with career opportunities, to host an information session and case study workshop for students on September 22, 2020 from 12:00-1:30 PM ET. This event will give students a sense of what economic consulting is and what opportunities are available. In addition, they will learn about the interview process, and the kinds of cases that we work on. Students should register by completing this form and will receive a Zoom link ahead of the event.

In addition to the HBCU 20x20 event, we will also be hosting three info sessions and three case interview workshops to give students a better sense of the interview process and the work we do. These webinars will be held at:

·       Info sessions

-        Session A: Sept. 9, 5-6 pm ET

-        Session B: Sept. 17, 12-1 pm ET

-        Session C: Sept. 30, 3-4 pm ET

·       Case interview workshops

-        Workshop A: Sept. 22, 5-6:30 pm ET

-        Workshop B: Oct. 6, 12-1:30 pm ET

-        Workshop C: Oct. 12, 4-5:30 pm ET

Interested students should register for these events using the Zoom registration links on our website.

Why Bates White?

·       Our Summer Consultant Program was ranked the #1 consulting internship program by Vault in 2019! Click here to see what makes our program such a great experience.

·       We invest in you! From day 1, our Consultants and Summer Consultants receive an assigned mentor, take part in intense technical training sessions, and have access to continual learning through internal brown-bag lunches and external resources such as DataCamp. See here for more on the Consultant experience.

·       We love our collegial and collaborative culture! Check out this video to see what makes Bates White such a fun place to work.

·       We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. At Bates White, everyone matters. We recognize the value in diversity and celebrate our differences.

Check out the attached flyers, or come meet us at one of the aforementioned events to learn more. Interested in joining our team? Applications are due October 4 at 11:59PM ET apply here when you’re ready!

CAUTION: This email was sent from someone outside of the university. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

<Bates White Consultant.pdf>

<Bates White Summer Consultant.pdf>