From: Tech Students at Google <[log in to unmask]>
Date: September 2, 2020 at 6:07:24 PM EDT
Subject: September 2020 Google Technical Student Newsletter

Greetings from Google!

We hope this note finds you well. To continue supporting students, our hope is that you will forward this newsletter below to your CS and tech-related majors. They’ll find helpful information regarding online resources, skill-building tools, and additional ways to stay connected with Google.

Thanks for your continued partnership,

Google University Programs

Welcome Back to School

Going back to school may look a little different this year. Google remains committed to providing resources and skill building opportunities to help you make the most of your Fall, regardless of whether you are studying on campus or virtually.

With our Careers OnAir virtual event series, you can tune in to live or recorded events and have your questions answered by Googlers via chat. Can’t make something live? No problem, you’ll be able to watch the videos on demand after they air.  This month we’ll have a variety of content- everything from strengthening your resume, practicing for technical interviews, learning about Google’s Cloud Technical Residency, and more! Make sure to check out our Latinx+ panels as we celebrate Hispanic Heritage month.

We’ll be back next month to share more updates and information. In the meantime, consider joining Connect with Google and email [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Careers OnAir Virtual Events

We invite you to join us for a virtual event series. Each month we'll host a variety of workshops and discussions with Googlers to provide professional and technical skill building resources, as well as an inside look at Google's culture. Head to careersonair.withgoogle.com to register and add our upcoming sessions (highlighted and linked below!). Googlers will also be answering questions live via chat for most of our sessions.

Resume Workshop with Google

Wednesday, September 9 @ 4:00PM PT / 6:00PM CT / 7:00PM ET

Are you a university student submitting applications for internships and full-time opportunities this semester? Join us for this resume workshop to learn tips on how to format, structure, and create detailed content for your resume. We recommend having an updated resume on hand so you can apply your knowledge in real time.

STEP Internship Overview

Wednesday, September 16 & Thursday, September 24 @ 4:00PM PT / 6:00PM CT / 7:00PM ET

The Student Training in Engineering Program (STEP) is a 12-week internship for first- and second-year undergraduate students with a passion for Computer Science. These videos intend to provide additional information for students considering applying to STEP in the US, Canada, and Mexico specifically. Join us to learn about the STEP Internship and how to approach the application as well as building your resume. An engineer will also share STEP interview tips and walk through sample interview questions.

Cloud Technical Residency

Thursday, September 17 @ 3:00PM PT / 5:00PM CT / 6:00PM ET

Tune in as Googlers discuss how you can start your full time career as part of Google's Cloud Tech Residency program. We'll be providing information on the overall program, what project rotations entail, what the interview process looks like and how to best prepare.

Resume & Beyond: Standing out Online

Monday, September 21 @ 4:00PM PT / 6:00PM CT / 7:00PM ET

Wondering how you can refresh your technical resume before applying to jobs? Join us for a discussion with two Google technical recruiters! They’ll be going over the most important areas to highlight on a resume, ways to have a strong online presence, and answering the most common resume-related questions they get from candidates.

Preparing for Technical Interviews

Tuesday, September 22 @ 3:00PM PT / 5:00PM CT / 6:00PM ET

Are you a university student looking to prepare for coding interviews? It's never too early to start practicing! Tune in to learn tips and tricks when it comes to technical interviews as well as some common mistakes to avoid. Google engineers will also be walking through a sample interview coding problem so you can see these tips in practice.

Accessibility at Google: Chat with Laura Allen

Tuesday, October 6 @ 4:00PM PT / 6:00PM CT / 7:00PM ET

We sat down with Laura Allen, Senior Program Manager for Accessibility across Chrome & Chrome OS at Google, to discuss her path to Google, her work with Chrome & Chrome OS Accessibility and Teach Access, and offer guidance on how to make products accessible to all. Register to watch that discussion and learn how you can continue to make an impact.

Latinx+ Leadership Panel & Latinx+ Intern Panel

Available Now!

In 2019 and 2020, Google Latinx+ leaders and tech interns gathered to discuss topics such as their pathways to Google, the interview process, Latinx+ representation in tech, and how they’ve grown in their current roles. In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, we are re-releasing these talks to keep this conversation top of mind. We hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

Skill-Building

Google for Education: Applied Digital Skills for Students

As you gear up for a successful year, tap into skills that will help you prioritize and organize tasks, whether you are hoping to stay on top of coursework or preparing for Summer opportunities. A few recommendations include:

·       Organize

·        Your Classes

·       Manage

·        a Project With Digital Tools

·       Edit

·        Your Resume

·       Write

·        a Cover Letter

Explore more of our trusted curriculum from Applied Digital Skills!

Faculty Corner

The Anywhere School: 50+ Google for Education updates

In the midst of all the change and uncertainty in the world over the past several months, the education community has never wavered in its commitment to learning and supporting students. At Google, we’re honored to work on tools that lighten the load for teachers, school leaders, families, and especially the students who have navigated learning from home with grace and resilience.

As educators worldwide have reinvented their practice online, we’re also adapting our tools to meet the evolving needs of their new educational landscape. This year, we’re taking a virtual approach to “back to school” with The Anywhere School, bringing Google for Education announcements to hundreds of thousands of viewers in more than 250 countries around the world. Learn more about this initiative.

Faculty Focus Groups

We are forming Faculty Focus Groups, which are standing groups of faculty that will convene on a monthly basis, starting in October. Teams across Google will come to the group with specific questions on how our products and programs can be improved to better serve you, your students and your communities. These groups will meet monthly for about one hour, including some background prep, and the expectation is that you’d attend about 5 meetings per year.

If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please fill out this form by September 10. We’d deeply appreciate any faculty input!

Pathways to Innovation

A Fireside Chat with Google Research

The Google University Relations Research Inclusion team would like to invite faculty and undergraduate students to Pathways to Innovation: A Fireside Chat with Google Research on Tuesday, September 22 from 10:00am - 11:30am PT.

Googlers will share their unique perspectives and experiences, the work they do now, and how they got to where they are today. The conversation will give students an enhanced understanding of computer science and research, the impact they can have on society through these fields, and the many paths available to undergraduate students interested in a research career. This event will also include Q&A between the undergraduate student audience and the panel.

To be considered for this event, fill out this form by Tuesday, September 8. Attendance is limited, so attendees will be considered on a first come, first served basis and will hear from us by September 10.

Kick Start 2020, A Global Coding Competition

Participate in the upcoming round, Round F on September 27 (add the round to your calendar)!

Kick Start is one of our global online coding competitions, offering programmers of all levels the opportunity to hone their skills through a series of exciting algorithmic and mathematical problems designed by Google engineers. Whether you‘re interested in learning more about coding competitions, growing your coding abilities, prepping for an interview, or simply having fun, Kick Start offers something for everyone.

Each round starts fresh, so you can participate in any and all upcoming rounds. If you’re not sure how to #KickStart your competitive programming journey, view our tutorial video, where we walk through the competition platform and share tips and tricks on how to solve an algorithmic problem. Learn more about #KickStart and register today at g.co/kickstart

Visit google.com/students for programs and opportunities

What did you think of this Newsletter? Click here to leave your feedback!

😞  😕😐🙂😄

© 2020 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Visit.google.com/students for all career opportunities and student programs.

If you wish to no longer receive these emails, click here to unsubscribe

CAUTION: This email was sent from someone outside of the university. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.