The Computer Science Department will be hiring undergraduates to assist with tutoring for the below courses for fall 2020 as well as grading for CSC 1301, CSC 1302 and CSC 2510, also, for the fall 2020 semester. Please note that some of the tutoring positions will be virtual tutoring.
Below is a list of duties for the UTA position:
1. Analyzing programming assignments for correctness, efficiency, and clarity, and providing written feedback.
2. Grading exams and/or assignments.
3. Holding tutoring hours (for 1301, 1302, 2510, 2720, 3210 and 3320).
4. Attending periodic group coordination meetings.
5. Being responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of student educational records, subject to FERPA's requirements.
The pay rate for the position is $10.00 per hour, with an estimated workload of 8 hours per week.
Please fill out the below application with as much detail as possible. The committee will start reviewing the fall 2020 applications immediately.
*The UTA program is very attractive to recruiters and has often been mentioned as the MOST important item listed on a studentís resume. Below you will see the job placements of previous UTAs.
∑ General Electric / Software Engineer (begins summer 2020)
∑ NCR / Software Engineer (begins summer 2020)
∑ NCR Corporation / Information Technology Analyst
∑ The Home Depot / Software Engineer Intern
∑ Avanade / Software Engineer
∑ Sogeti / IT Consultant
∑ VSoft Corporation / System Administrator
Mr. Jamie Hayes, M.A.
Undergraduate Academic Coordinator | Department of Computer Science
Georgia State University - College of Arts and Sciences
25 Park Place, 7th Floor |Atlanta, GA 30303