Weekly CS Undergraduate Newsletter #8
December 2nd 2019
· [IMPORTANT POLICY ANNOUNCEMENT] The final semester to enroll in Math 3030 will be fall 2020. This course will not be offered after that. If you are on the 2019 -2020 catalog or after, this will not affect you because you have the option of taking Math 3020. However, if you are on a catalog prior to 2019 - 2020, you MUST complete the Math 3030 requirement as this course will no longer be offered by the Math Department after fall 2020.
· [IMPORTANT POLICY ANNOUNCEMENT] If you updated your catalog year to the 2019 - 2020 catalog - but you have already completed CSC 3210 Comp Org & Prog (3hrs) - you will need 1 extra credit hour to fulfill your Area G requirements. Please sign up for CSC 4999 DIRECTED READINGS (CRN# 11254) for spring 2020. The course will be taught by Dr. Awad Mussa.
o If you have questions about either policy above, please contact Mr. Jamie Hayes - Undergraduate Coordinator of Computer Science - at [log in to unmask] You can also visit him during his walk-in hours, Monday through Friday, from 10am - 4pm. (7th floor of 25 Park Place, Room 732)
· STEMulate will be hosting its’ last fall STEMber meeting this Tuesday from 5:15pm - 6:15pm in Student Center West 260 (see flyer)
· ACM presents their End-of-Semester Bash on Monday, December 9th, 2019 from 9:30 a.m - 12:00 p.m. in Room 755 (Conference Room), 25 Park Place
· Girls Who Code is hosting their last meeting of the year on Friday December 6th from 3pm - 5pm. The guest speaker will be IBM Chief Data Architect, Neera Mathur (see flyer)
Career Related Events and Job Opportunities:
· Emory CSI PhD Program Webinar: Friday, December 6th, 2:00 - 4:00pm
o Learn about:
§ Ground-breaking research opportunities with world-class professors in Bioinformatics, Computer Systems, Data Analytics, Intelligent Systems and more
§ Innovative curriculum, including concentrations in Computer Science, Biomedical Informatics, Data Science and Computational Science
§ Outstanding institutional and academic resources including a comprehensive funding and support package for PhD and 50% tuition scholarship for MS students
§ Holistic and inclusive admission process targeting talented and diverse scholars
§ Prospect registration to receive application fee waiver ($75)
Mr. Jamie Hayes, M.A.
Undergraduate Academic Coordinator | Department of Computer Science
Georgia State University - College of Arts and Sciences
25 Park Place, 7th Floor |Atlanta, GA 30303