Weekly CS Undergraduate Newsletter #5
November 4th 2019
· [REMINDER] Data Science & Analytics Day will be held on Thursday, November 14th from 9am - 1:30pm - 25 Park Place (see flyer)
· STEMulate will host its next STEMber meeting on Tuesday November 5th from 5:15-6:15 in SCW 260. This is a great opportunity to join an all-inclusive STEM community, share your STEM experience, and learn more about upcoming opportunities (see flyer)
· Guest Speaker on AI - IEEE Club will host Georgia Tech Professor, Dr. Polo Chau, on November 6th, in Room 223, 25 Park Place (see flyer for details)
· Wells Fargo 2019 Campus Analytics Challenge - Sign-up soon for the campus Analytics Challenge / Natural Language Processing: https://www.mindsumo.com/contests/campus-analytics-challenge-2019
· Dark Web Workshop is coming to Atlanta, GA! - The Metro Atlanta Informations Systems Security Association (ISSA) is holding their annual conference on Nov. 7 in the Loudermilk Center just down the street. There will be a dark web workshop, but other workshops might also be of interest. Use the promotional code "HackerHalted2019" for free registration. This workshop is held alongside the ISSA Metro Atlanta Conference on November 7th and will be FREE if you register through the ISSA Metro Atlanta site.
o CLICK HERE and enter code HackerHalted2019 at check for FREE registration until October 31st.
o For More Information: http://www.gaissa.org/gaissa_conference.html
· Hope for Youth (HYPE) - non-profit focused on exposing more girls of color to code. On December 5th, they having HYPE night at the Garage in Tech Square.
o EventBrite Page: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hype-night-registration-78978427603
Career Related Events and Job Opportunities:
· iD Tech is hiring students for multiple Positions for next summer:
o Camp Directors (NO Tech Experience Needed! Perfect for future Educators/Leaders)
o Camp Instructors (Majoring in Computer Science, Engineering, Game Development, or Media Arts)
· Tech Challenges:
o Thales is recruiting students worldwide and wants to hear their bold projects in one of their 5 markets; space, aerospace, digital identity, security and ground transportation. Thales Tech Challenge: http://bit.ly/gsuthales
Mr. Jamie Hayes, M.A.
Undergraduate Academic Coordinator | Department of Computer Science
Georgia State University - College of Arts and Sciences
25 Park Place, 7th Floor |Atlanta, GA 30303