November 6, 2019
GSU Graduate Student Position Available: @WGSS Anniversary Series Event & Media Assistant
The Institute for Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies (WGSS) seeks a graduate research assistant for the Spring 2020 semester.
Reporting to the Director of WGSS, the GRA will be responsible for leading a team for media creation around events and information commemorating the 25th Anniversary of the Institute and 50th Anniversary of Women’s Studies as an academic discipline. This will include but is not necessarily limited to:
• Gathering information with a team of students and faculty (alumni info, special collections history, student & faculty highlights).
• Creating weekly content-ready pictures/descriptions for social media posting.
• Creating, with a team of WGSS students, a newsletter to be published in April.
· Working with Director around logistics for event planning for upcoming Anniversary events.
• Current full-time GSU graduate student
• Experience creating a newsletter & promotional social media posts (production samples required)
· Experience with organizing details for event planning/promotion
• Interest or experience in any of the following areas is helpful but is not required: women’s, gender, and sexuality studies, human rights, or social justice.
Full tuition remission plus a stipend of $3,000 per semester.
GRAs are expected to work eight hours per week, scheduled in blocks of at least two hours per shift between 8:00 and 5:00, Monday-Friday.
Please email a copy of your resumé/CV, a brief (1-2 paragraphs) statement describing your interest in the position, and 1-2 samples of your production work to Stephanie Y. Evans, WGSS Director ([log in to unmask]).
Applicants who apply by November 13, 2019 will be given priority consideration.
Dr. Stephanie Y. Evans
Professor and Director
Institute for Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies
Georgia State University