Weekly CS Undergraduate Newsletter
September 30th 2019
· In an effort to reduce the number of messages sent to the CS Undergraduate Listserv each week, the CS Department will, instead, send out one weekly email newsletter that will contain information related to events, career opportunities, campus visits by employers and general announcements.
· STEMulate will host its next STEMber meeting on October 8th from 5:15-6:15PM in SCW 260. This is a great opportunity to join an all-inclusive STEM community, share your STEM experience, and learn more about upcoming opportunities.(see flyer)
Career Related Events and Job Opportunities:
· University Career Services is sponsoring a large job and internship fair next week, October 8th & 9th. With over 220 recruiters visiting campus those two days, including Google. Students can check on Handshake for the recruiters that will be attending.
o CS Mock Interviews and Resume Reviews will be conducted all this week by University Career Services. (see flyer)
· Facebook (EIR) events next week:
o Interview workshop led by EIR Sailesh Kumar on Monday October 7th from 5-6pm (see flyer). This event will take place in the A&S College Event Center on the 2nd floor 25 Park Place. NOTE: Seating is limited-first come first serve.
o Guest speaker at the next Facebook competitive programming event will be an engineer from Facebook. This event will occur on Tuesday, October 8th from 5-7 PM. in Langdale Hall 500.
· Microsoft is recruiting for the below positions:
o In order to be considered you MUST apply online at: https://careers.microsoft.com/students/us/en/
· Intern Explore Microsoft – Freshmen & Sophomores!
· IBM Uncubed is recruiting CS students for their upcoming event called The Cognitive Computing Odyssey.
o This year, Uncubed's Fast Track at IBM is partnering to help fast-track students through the 2020 internship and full-time application process, with more roles available to students this year than through last year’s CCO (full list here).