Hello CSc majors,

Professor Sailesh Kumar (Facebook’s Engineer in Residence at GSU) will be hosting the event below. Please sign up as soon as possible. Space is limited.

Welcome to the kickoff of our very own Facebook-sponsored ACM competitive programming team. What is competitive programming? It is an *international* programming competition, with over 3,000 universities from 111 countries all around the world. Teams from each university tackle various problems and puzzles, and are scored based on their ability to solve these problems in an efficient manner. Our team will be coached by our Facebook EIR, Sailesh Kumar.

Outside of representing your school and competing against others, competitive programming is easily the best interview prep you could possibly do. If you can competitively program, then interviews will be a piece of cake!

All majors and years welcome, but typically you need to have a strong programming and basic algorithms knowledge to be able to compete.

Who: Any GSU student

What: GSU's first ever competitive programming meeting

Where: 25 Park Place, room 2608 (Dean's Meeting Center)

When: Tuesday, September 10th. 5-7 PM. Food will be provided!

Why: Competitive programming is a major factor in companies looking to hire software engineers

RSVP and Interest form: https://bit.ly/GSUProgTeam