Hello CSc majors,

Please see the important announcement below from Dr. Michael Yates, Faculty Director - MS Finance Program - J. Mack Robinson College of Business.

As you formulate your post-graduate plans, I would like to encourage you to consider the Masters in Finance program in GSU’s Robinson College of Business. We believe that your undergraduate education makes you an excellent fit for the program, as the combination of your computer science training and a graduate education in business will make you a highly attractive and marketable job candidate to employers in the industry.

Our innovative STEM-certified program was recently ranked 15th globally in the TFE Times’ list of 2019 Best Master of Finance Programs. Highlights of the program include:

·  Cutting-edge curriculum. Our program features curriculum developed with a forward-looking focus on the technological innovation and quantitative skills demanded by the ever-evolving finance industry. In addition to an excellent foundation in financial economics, our students are trained in programming and the use of state-of-the art software for data analysis. Students will have hands-on experience on the development of data analytics applications to analyze real-world financial problems.

·  Flexible program of study. We offer a highly flexible program of study, allowing students to choose from a range of electives to fit their career goals. We offer specializations in financial analytics, Fintech, corporate finance and investment banking, asset and wealth management and investments, and private equity and venture capitalism.

·  Unique access to the business world. A large, diverse, and cosmopolitan city that is headquarters to many Fortune 500 companies, Atlanta has an active entrepreneurship ecosystem and is rapidly becoming a FinTech capital. Our students are trained in financial leadership by a two-time Fortune 500 CFO and also have direct access to finance industry leaders through our mentoring program, leadership symposia, CFO council, case competitions, internships and other signature experiences.

·  Access to leading financial data providers and technology. Students in our program have access to exclusive data providers such as Wharton Research Data Services and Bloomberg, as well as our new state-of-the-art Fintech lab, offering an experiential environment in which students, faculty and corporate partners can experiment with the technological innovations such as machine learning and blockchain that are transforming the financial services industry.

For more information about the program, including contact information and application deadlines, please visit our website at http://robinson.gsu.edu/masters-programs/ms-in-finance/.

Sincerely,

Michael Yates, PhD