Dear all,

We are hosting an NSF-funded REU (research experience for undergraduate) program this summer (June 2 - July 27) at GSU. Talented undergraduate students across the country will conduct research here at GSU. We are looking for a graduate student to serve as the REU Program manager. The selected student will receive stipend and tuition waiver during the summer. Details about the REU can be found at: https://grid.cs.gsu.edu/reu-immersive-computing/

We will move quickly with the recruitment, so early applications will be reviewed and considered first. To apply, fill out this google form at:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf3L7HhFQoQ9UQExoJDZXZ_W_qwQ27iSLcBHbeQePN6E8mP2g/viewform?usp=sf_linkThe position will be available until it is filled. When the position is filled, the google form will be closed. Below are details about this position.

Benefits
  • Stipend and tuition waiver during the summer
  • Student leadership role in a reputed national summer program
  • Project experience in state-of-the-art research with assistance from REU participants
  • Potential research publication or patent with the REU participants
  • Connect with faculty members and industry personnel during the REU event organization

Responsibility

  • Organize events for the REU program
  • Coordinate with REU participants, faculty members, and other graduate students to ensure a successful program
  • Mentor and work with REU participants on research projects

Preferred experience

  • Passion and experience in organizing events (HackGSU, Demo Day or any other extracurricular activities)
  • Experience in student organizations (ACM, IEEE student chapters or any other organizations)
  • Strong communication and leadership skills to manage the REU participants
  • Project/research experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, security/privacy, networking, and computer graphics

Thank you and regards,

Zhisheng Yan

Assistant Professor

Department of Computer Science