Dear CSC Students:
Honors and Awards Committee invites nominations and applications for the following awards by
February 15, 2019. Nominations should be emailed to
[log in to unmask] (retaining this subject header). Self- nomination by students are encouraged.
All application and nomination material, including advisor's letter, should be submitted in a single pdf file to cs[log in to unmask] . The pdf file should be named award name_lname-fname (Ex. Outstanding Senior Award_Chen-John.pdf) If applying for multiple awards, advisor's letters and submitted material should be award specific. You may update application material until the deadline.
Honors and Awards Committee Chair
1. Outstanding Senior Award: Awarded to an outstanding graduating senior.
- All those who have GPA 3.5 will be considered.
2. Undergraduate Research Award: Awarded to an undergraduate student who has performed outstanding research.
- Students should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser briefly describing the nature and significance of the research work since Jan 2018, and any additional material (paper, project report, etc.).
3. Service Award: Awarded to undergraduate or graduate student who has performed outstanding service activities.
- Apply by briefly describing the nature and significance of the service activities since Jan 2018, with any supporting material.
4. Graduate Teaching Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding teaching and related activities.
- Students should submit their teaching portfolios for course(s) taught in 2018 and any additional material.
See portfolio directions at https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http:%2F%2Fhallertau.cs.gsu.edu%2F~mweeks%2Fteaching_portfolio.html&data=02%7C01%7Ctdudley%40gsu.edu%7C1b15115c96b744a0341608d686119d98%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C0%7C636843807564142664&sdata=of6xTicSd6MBNFX1v6Vb3HuAYU8eXyMtbzqtiwRIcMM%3D&reserved=0
5. Graduate Research Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding research.
- Students should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser briefly describing the nature and significance of the research work published/accepted for publication since Jan 2018, and any additional material (papers, reviews, conference/journal acceptance rate, etc).
6. Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Awarded to a senior graduate student with an outstanding body of research accomplishments over his/her stay at GSU along with supporting teaching and/ or service activities.
- Students within a year of graduation should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser, a curriculum vitae (CV), and any additional material. All PhD students slated for 2019 (SP19, SU19, FA19) graduation will be considered and should submit their CVs.