Hello CSc majors,
If you are looking for a job opportunity, please see posting below:
***Software Developers needed***
Our software development group at the DoD Biotechnology High Performance Computing Software Applications Institute (bhsai.org), a U.S.-Army-funded computational biology research institute located in Frederick, Maryland, is hiring for multiple software developer positions. We design and develop software solutions in the area of military medicine, comprising desktop and mobile applications, web-based systems, and database systems. We are looking for candidates with degrees in Computer Science or related areas, and a strong background in software development. I have included a detailed description of the position below.
We are looking for a software developer to join the BHSAI. The software developer will create and maintain a wide variety of software solutions to support life science research areas. Because the work and technologies involved vary from project to project, we look for candidates with expertise and interests in a broad range of areas, including the following: systems programming, web and mobile app development, writing scientific code for parallel processing, and developing visualization solutions for complex scientific data. We need versatile candidates who are willing to work on diverse exciting projects, proactive about exploring and adopting the latest software technologies, and enthusiastic about solving problems across full-stack.
The minimum requirements for the software developer position are as follows:
• A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
• Strong computer science fundamentals
• Expertise in one or more programming languages, such as Java, Python, C, or C++
• Understanding of relational database concepts and SQ
The following skills and experience are desired:
• Hands-on experience in professional or open source software development in one or more of the following areas: web-based applications using Java Platform, Android/iOS applications, and graphical user interfaces
• Experience using a source code version control system, such as Git
• Knowledge of DevOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux system administration
Foreign nationals (OPT, H1B, permanent residents) and U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply.