Hello CSc majors,
If you are graduating in May or August 2019, then please consider applying for the position below.

*An alum of our department will be accepting resume submissions AFTER you apply. Please send me your resume once you officially apply and I will forward it to the alumni contact.

[Image result for voya]

Students can apply on-line at the Voya Investment Management website (https://investments.voya.com/careers).

Position is JR0019733 - Application Development Analyst - Atlanta

View Job Posting Details
*         Application Development Analyst
o    Actions

Profile Summary:

This role is a part of our Voya Investment Management Entry Level Program. This program, which will begin in July 2019, is designed to develop the careers of entry level employees graduating in Spring/Summer of 2019 and provide participants with the unique opportunity to begin their career in their respective fields while gaining hands-on experience and formal development and training.

This position will allow you to assist with developing systems and performing maintenance in support of VOYA IM's investment business. You will also contribute in the design, development, testing and implementation of new applications. You will identify research and resolve system support issues in a thorough and timely manner.

Profile Description:
o    Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with technology professional and business clients.
o    Works with Information Technology team members and business partners to complete projects according to plan.
o    Develop high quality, cost effective solutions using current technology toolsets.
o    Assist in support and creating documentation of current and new processes as needed.
o    Provides timely status reporting on production and development projects.

Knowledge & Experience:
o    Applicants should be graduating with an undergraduate degree in the spring/summer of 2019
o    Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similarly relevant major area of study.
o    Strong writing skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
o    Exposure to relational database concepts and SQL programming is required. Microsoft SQL Server would be the preferred database technology.
o    Knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft SharePoint is desirable.
o    Exposure to Object Oriented Analysis & Design & concepts is a plus.
o    Knowledge of financial or investment business terms and concepts is highly desirable.
o    Self-motivated and able to work independently.
o    Ability to troubleshoot problems and suggest appropriate solutions.
o    Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and adjusts to changing priorities.

Critical Skills
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
o    Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
o    Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
o    Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
o    Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
o    Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.

Jamie Hayes | Undergraduate Academic Coordinator
Department of Computer Science | Georgia State University
404-413-6107 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | http://cs.gsu.edu/