About the Speaker: Zhisheng Yan is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at Georgia State University. He received his Ph.D. degree in computer science and engineering from the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, in 2017. He also worked in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Stanford University as a visiting researcher in 2016. His current research interest is the Internet of Things, focusing on next-generation camera sensing systems, visual communication systems, and computer vision systems. He is the recipient of the ACM SIGMM Outstanding Thesis Award in 2018, the SUNY Buffalo CSE Best Dissertation Award in 2017, the Best Demo Award at ACM HotMobile 2018, the David M. Benenson Memorial Award in 2016, and was runner-up for the Best Student Paper at IEEE HealthCom 2014.

Win a valuable door prize!
A 2nd Generation Amazon Echo will be given away.

Thursday, October 11, 2018
12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
Sinclair Suite
Room 217, Student Center East

Everyone welcome!
Free refreshments!
For more information about the GSU ACM chapter, please visit our website: acm.cs.gsu.edu<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Facm.cs.gsu.edu&data=02%7C01%7C%7C42716626415547b60be408d62c8f0af7%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C0%7C636745390211477059&sdata=cnnX5TJ1ueasbxmcUXinV%2B2LCH3g1zhesxEt3rOqsdo%3D&reserved=0>.
The chapter welcomes the following new members: Riyazh Dholakia, Syed Kalam, Akiff Mawani, Sujal Patel, and Biprojoyti Paul.