This is a friendly reminder that all application and nomination material is due on Friday, February 16, 2018.
Dear CSC Students:
The Honors and Awards Committee invites nominations and applications for the following awards by
February 16, 2018. Nominations should be emailed to
[log in to unmask] (retaining this subject header). Self- nomination by students are encouraged.
All application and nomination material, including advisor's letter, should be submitted in a single pdf file to [log in to unmask] . The pdf file should be named award name_lname-fname (Ex. Outstanding Senior Award_Chen-John.pdf) If applying for multiple awards, advisor's letters and submitted material should be award specific. You may update application material until the deadline.
Honors and Awards Committee Chair
1. Outstanding Senior Award: Awarded to an outstanding graduating senior.
- All those who have GPA 3.5 will be considered.
2. Undergraduate Research Award: Awarded to an undergraduate student who has performed outstanding research.
- Students should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser briefly describing the nature and significance of the research work since Jan 2017, and any additional material (paper, project report, etc.).
3. Service Award: Awarded to undergraduate or graduate student who has performed outstanding service activities.
- Apply by briefly describing the nature and significance of the service activities since Jan 2017, with any supporting material.
4. Graduate Teaching Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding teaching and related activities.
- Students should submit their teaching portfolios for course(s) taught in 2017 and any additional material. See portfolio directions at http://carmaux.cs.gsu.edu/~mweeks/teaching_portfolio.html
5. Graduate Research Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding research.
- Students should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser briefly describing the nature and significance of the research work published/accepted for publication since Jan 2017, and any additional material (papers, reviews, conference/journal acceptance rate, etc).
6. Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Awarded to a senior graduate student with an outstanding body of research accomplishments over his/her stay at GSU along with supporting teaching and/ or service activities.
- Students within a year of graduation should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser, a curriculum vitae (CV), and any additional material. All PhD students slated for 2018 (SP18, SU18, FA18) graduation will be considered and should submit their CVs.