Several Faculty Positions at UCF

At the University of Central Florida (UCF), the department of Computer Science is searching for two new tenure-track faculty members in any area of Computer Science. Could you please refer any PhD students who are graduating to our job application website at: https://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/50863?

UCF also has a faculty cluster in Cyber Security and Privacy, for which we are searching for a tenure-track faculty member (https://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/50404) and also a leader (https://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/50413). There is also a faculty cluster in Genomics and Bioinformatics which is searching for a faculty member, which might be a Computer Scientist (https://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/50098). A new faculty cluster in the area of Disabilty, Aging, and Technology is searching for an associate professor to be its lead (http://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/51350).

All of these jobs are listed on http://www.cs.ucf.edu/jobs/faculty_positions.php.

New Hires

In the past year we hired two associate professors in the Cyber Security and Privacy cluster: Dr. Aziz Mohaisen and Dr. Xinwen Fu. We also hired a new assistant professor, Dr. Wei Zhang, in the Genomics and Bioinformatics cluster. In addition, Dr. Sharma V. Thankachan started as a new assistant professor in the department in January 2017.

Excellent Conditions for New Faculty

Assistant professors in the department of Computer Science at UCF currently teach 2 courses per academic year (a 1+1 teaching load) and have a generous start-up package. According to csrankings.org, UCF is ranked 57th overall for Computer Science in the US and also ranks highly in several areas of computing research, as can be seen in the following table:

Area

US Rank

World Rank

Computer Vision

6

11

Visualization

20

31

HCI

20

37

Robotics

38

69

Comp. Bio. and Bioinformatics

41

65

Web and Info. Retrieval

51

100

Computer Networks

52

77

Natural Lang. Processing

55

98

Thanks for spreading the word about our job openings to your PhD students.

Regards,

       Gary T. Leavens
       Dept. of Computer Science
       University of Central Florida