[News from the Offi]

Dear Georgia State research community,

Georgia State continues to offer institutional memberships with two Open Access publishers; Hindawi Publishing Corp. and BioMed Central.

Any Georgia State faculty researcher may submit manuscripts for publication to any Hindawi journal under Georgia State University's institutional membership at no charge to the investigator. You do not need to contact our office for permission, but can work directly with Hindawi to have any charges waived under the Georgia State's institutional membership.

Georgia State has a limited credit line for publications in BioMed Central journals and, therefore, only tenured and tenure-track faculty may apply to use the university's membership account for publication in BioMed Central journals. BMC charges us on a per manuscript basis, therefore faculty who wish to access these funds must apply to our office and undergo a competitive review process.

For more information on how to submit to Hindawi or apply for submission to BioMed Central using Georgia State's membership, click here: Hindawi<http://www.hindawi.com/institutions/gsu.edu/> or BioMed Central<http://ursa.research.gsu.edu/files/2013/07/Open-Access-Publishing-Initiative-application.pdf>.

Also, please remember that anyone who wishes to apply for a Limited Submission external funding opportunity (those where the sponsor limits the number of applications from an institution) must notify our office at least 8 weeks prior to the sponsor's deadline for applications. Failure to notify our office within that time frame may result in losing the opportunity to apply if the slot has been awarded to someone else. To learn more about the university's procedures for addressing Limited Submission funding opportunities, see the URSA website Limited Submission webpage<http://ursa.research.gsu.edu/ursa/funding/funding-opportunities/limited-submissions/>.

Sincerely,

Kelly P. Stout, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Special Research Initiatives

Copyright  2014 Georgia State University, All rights reserved.