News from the Offi

From the Office of the Associate Vice President for Research

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of University Research Services and Administration (URSA), I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a wonderful summer as you leave campus for family vacation, research travels, or to find a quiet place to begin work on your next funding proposal.

Below, I've listed a few helpful research-related reminders, services and resources to help you manage your research pursuits throughout the summer:

Internal grant awards end June 30, 2014
All awarded funds for FY2014 awards listed below must be spent by June 30, 2014. Staff working with the internal grants will need to remain in contact with the PIs on these awards through June in case any issues arise. If you plan to be out of town or out of contact, please let URSA ([log in to unmask] or 404-413-5475) know how to contact you, or who you are designating to manage your internal grant award while you are away.

The following Internal Grant awards end June 30, 2014:

Research Initiation Grant

Scholarly Support Grant

Faculty Mentored Grant

Travel Grant

Atlanta Census Data Research Center Grant

Cities Grant

Use Pivot for your summer research funding searches
If research will be a part of your summer activities, don't forget Georgia State University offers you access to the world's largest online funding database known as COS-Pivot. It's where funding connected with research expertise turns into success.

Creating a Pivot account takes just minutes, then you can enjoy the benefit of having funding opportunities emailed to you on a weekly basis. To set up a new account, or log in to an existing account, visit URSA's COS-Pivot page and start taking advantage of all that Pivot offers.

Receive NIH policy alerts via email
Join the National Institutes of Health (NIH) listserv and enjoy the benefit of having important policy information delivered directly to you via email. Join the listserv.

Receive research-related information and updates via email
URSA provides the Georgia State research community with timely updates and announcements important to the conduct of research at the university:

PI Listserv: This listserv is designed for faculty who are, or plan to be, PIs or co-PIs on external grant proposals and awards.

Research Administrators Listserv: This listserv is designed for staff who support research and require access to information that directly impact the researchers they support.

Georgia State Research News newsletter: All faculty automatically receive our monthly research e-newsletter, which includes important information related to the conduct of research at the university.

Visit our Receive Research News page to sign-up for these listservs or to request to receive our monthly e-newsletter (staff and non-faculty).

Other resources and information to note:
Limited Submissions: All external funding opportunities that limit the number of applications from an institution must go through our internal Limited Submissions pre-application process. All PIs should review and follow this process described on the Limited Submissions page before applying to any limited funding opportunity.

Institutional Data: The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) provides access to a lot of statistical data and other information about Georgia State, its students and faculty, through a FACT BOOK, strategic plan dashboards, and iPORT interface for general use in grant proposals and professional presentations.

To receive an overall view of all URSA resources, take a few minutes to browse the URSA website, and don't forget, you can email us anytime at [log in to unmask].

Here's wishing you a wonderful summer!

Sincerely,

Monica Swahn, Ph.D.
Associate Vice President for Research
Professor, School of Public Health

Copyright 2014 Georgia State University. All rights reserved.