Dear Colleagues and CS Students,
The Honors and Awards Committee is pleased to announce the following winners based on the graduating classes of 2013-14:
1. Outstanding Senior: Eric B. Ferreira
2. Outstanding Graduate Student: Haidong Xue
3. Graduation with Distinction for Spring-14: (i) Matthew D. Erwin (ii) Eric B. Ferreira and (iii) Keith R. Schott
The committee further invites nominations and applications for the following awards by April 11. Nominations should be submitted to the EasyChair website (see below) or emailed to me (retaining this subject header). Self nomination by students
All application and nomination material, including advisor's letter, should be submitted in a single zip or scanned-in pdf file to the EasyChair website: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=csawards14. Choose a category indicating the award you are applying for. Title can be your topic of research, courses taught, etc. You may use "Abstract" field for your cover letter. If applying for multiple awards, advisor's letters and submitted material should be award specific. You may update application material until the deadline.
Sushil K. Prasad
Honors and Awards Committee Chair
[log in to unmask]
1. Undergraduate Research Award: Awarded to an undergraduate student who has performed outstanding research.
- Students should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser briefly describing the nature and significance of the research work since Jan 2013, and any additional material (paper, project report, etc.).
2. Service Award: Awarded to undergraduate or graduate student who has performed outstanding service activities.
- Apply by briefly describing the nature and significance of the service activities since Jan 2013, with any supporting material.
3. Graduate Teaching Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding teaching and related activities.
- Students should submit their teaching portfolios for course(s) taught in 2013 and any additional material. See portfolio directions at http://carmaux.cs.gsu.edu/~mweeks/teaching_portfolio.html
4. Graduate Research Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding research.
- Students should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser briefly describing the nature and significance of the research work published/accepted for publication since Jan 2013, and any additional material (papers, reviews, conference/journal acceptance rate, etc).