Asalaamualaikum MSA-ers,

On behalf of MSA here at GSU, I would like to welcome everyone back to
school for the spring semester! Insha’Allah, I hope everyone had a chance
to enjoy the holiday season with loved ones. This season marks the last
semester for the current MSA administration. Before we end the academic
year however, we have many exciting events and programs planned for you all
in the upcoming months! We hope that you will take the time out of your
busy lives and join us as we host these events. Our goal as the MSA at GSU
is to meet the needs and concerns of our community. Please reach out to me
or any of my board members with any suggestions, questions, or concerns
that you may have regarding the MSA.

I hope everyone has an incredible semester. May this one be your best yet,
Insha ’Allah. Please keep your MSA brothers and sisters in your duas as we
start a new year!

Regards,

Hira Mashkoor

President

1. *Jumu’ah Schedule *

The Spring Semester schedule for Jumu’ah is here! Come join us *every
Friday at 2PM* for Jumu’ah prayer. Below is the full schedule.

 [image: Inline image 1]

2. *Weekly Halaqahs*

Welcome back to GSU everybody! We hope your Spring Semester is going well
Alhamdullilah, and that it shall be successful insha'Allah. That being
said, our Halaqahs will be starting back up again *Tuesday, February 4th
from 12 -1 PM*. It will be taking place *every Tuesday* this semester in
the *interfaith room **University Center 402 *so try and be there!!!

[image: Inline image 2]

3. Da’wah Table

Come Learn about Islam. Free Qur’ans and informational brochures. At the
library plaza every *Monday and Thursday from 12-1 PM.*

Hold a door; lend a hand, Say Good Morning. Smile! –dawahtip

[image: Inline image 6]

4. Interfaith Event: Children of Abraham (Wesley Foundation)

We kick off the new year with a brand new interfaith event with the
Methodist Wesley Foundation in a Meet & Greet Session!

This fantastic event series serves to better our relations with other
college students who share different faiths and what better way to do that
other than over plates and plates of glorious food!

This particular event will take place in *GSU's University Center in Room
470 on Tuesday, January 28th *(meaning we will push back our Halaqah
sessions by a week!) *from 12 PM - 2 PM*. Snacks will be served and
registered MSA members will receive free entry whereas non-registered *MSA
members for the semester are asked to please pay their $10 dues that go
towards the cost of our MSA* Prayer Room (located in the University Center
in Room 409).

Bring all of your friends and we certainly hope you enjoy!

[image: Inline image 5]

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/655915434447224/?notif_t=plan_admin_added

*COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS*

1)     An Evening with the National Arab Orchestra

2)     Community Youth Center/ Gym Fundraiser

3)     AMYP Monthly Meet-Up/ Giving Back to Humanity Donations

4)     AMYP Giving Back to Humanity Volunteers

5)     Story Night with Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan

6)     MIST ATLANTA

*1. An Evening with the National Arab Orchestra*

Join us for the debut of the National Arab Orchestra as they Build Bridges
Through Music.

When*: Friday January 24th, 2014*

Where: *Woodruff Arts Center 1280 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309*

Time: *7:30pm-9pm*

Get tickets:  www.araborchestra.org

[image: Inline image 7]

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/242616012565747/

*2. Community Youth / Gym Fundraiser *

*[image: Inline image 12] *

When*: Saturday, February 1st 2014*

Where: *Crowne Plaza Hotel Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia
<https://www.facebook.com/CrownPlazaRavinia>*

*4355 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30346*

Time*: 6-9PM*

Tickets:  http://www.eventbee.com/event?eid=191211922

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/225151697667611/?notif_t=plan_user_invited

*3. AMYP Monthly Meet-Up/ Giving Back to Humanity Donations *

Greetings AMYP-ers! Join us for AMYP's Monthly social at our new 2014
location!

Atlanta Muslim Young Professionals <https://www.facebook.com/ATLMYP>'
Community Outreach & Social Committees are partnering to make 2014 MMUs the
best ones yet! We will be collecting donations for Giving Back to
Humanity<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Back-to-Humanity/194967110568774>
at
the February MMU for the Giving Back to Humanity Volunteer
Event<https://www.facebook.com/events/200414536817907/>.
Please bring warm clothes, blankets, sweaters, etc and we will take them to
GbtH on Feb 9th.

When:*  February 6th, 2013 (1st Thursday of the month) @ 7:00pm*

Where: *Samad Mediterranean Grill & Market (Zabihah & Muslim Owned)*

*                 8898 Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs GA 30350*

*                 Located in the North River Shopping Center*

*Online at http://www.samadgrill.com <http://www.samadgrill.com/>*/

[image: Inline image 8]

Y’all bring your A-game, empty stomachs, and competitive spirit *every
first Thursday of the month at7:00pm*. We've got taboo, poker, uno,
catchphrase, headbands, and more games to connect with other AMYP members
with fun.

The meeting is *free*, and you are only responsible for what you eat.
Please feel free to forward the invitation to friends and bring them. We
look forward to seeing you!

Please visit http://www.atlmyp.org

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/309766995827117/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

*4. Giving Back to Humanity Volunteer Event*

Salaam AMYP! We are excited to kick off out first Community Outreach
Committee event of 2014 while supporting an awesome Organization -Giving
Back to Humanity. Giving Back to Humanity seeks to improve the standard of
living and promote self - sufficiency for the less fortunate by providing
food, clothing, shelter, educational programs, job training, family
planning, and counseling services. By providing these services, we will
give confidence, encouragement, and support to those who need it most.

We are looking for at least* 15 volunteers *to come support this great
cause! *The event will start at 10am *and we will have a quick AMYP meeting
and learn about the cause and discuss what we want to get out volunteering
with COC this year!

We will help set up and sort clothes, then help with Food Distribution, and
clean up! *We should wrap up around 2pm*.  We really look forward to seeing
you there and letting the community know how much AMYP cares!

*Facebook Link:*
https://www.facebook.com/events/200414536817907/?notif_t=plan_user_invited

*If you are planning on going -- please sign up here: *http://goo.gl/ddblwB

[image: Inline image 9]

*----*

*5. Story Night with Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan*

Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan, the instructor for Story Night, describes the
course as follows

"Qur’an has remarkable beauty from countless perspectives; one that has
always captured my curiosity is the incredible style of Divine story
telling. Allah chose to tell parts of Ibrahim’s (AS) account in one surah,
parts in another and parts, in yet another. Why did He do that? An attempt
to answer this question is what Story Night is all about. I hope to share
one of my favorite examples of Qur’anic story telling.

One last thing; if teaching material passes two tests; I consider it worth
traveling the country with it. Firstly, am I personally mesmerized by the
lessons and secondly, did my children find it engaging enough to want me to
continue night after night. Story night passes these two tests so I hope
you enjoy it as much as I & the kids have.”

*REGISTRATION: http://bayyinah.com/studentcenter/?sem=425
<http://bayyinah.com/studentcenter/?sem=425>*

*SCHEDULE: Friday, Feb 14th, 2014, 7 PM - 10 PM*

*LOCATION: Al-Farooq Masjid, 442 14th Street Nw, Atlanta, GA*

*TUITION: $20*

Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan will also be delivering Jumaah khutbah on Fri, Feb
14th. Location TBD

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/154474971429882/

*----*

*6. MIST ATLANTA 2014*

 MIST Atlanta 2014 will be *on March 7-9, 2014*, and held at *Agnes Scott
College in Decatur, GA. *

*[image: Inline image 10][image: Inline image 11] *

*REGISTRATION HAS ALREADY STARTED*, so get your teams together! The
*registration
deadline is February 7, 2014*.

Registration Link: https://web.adderpit.com/MIST

More Information: http://www.getmistified.com/atlanta

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1375680329240088/?notif_t=plan_user_invited

--
*Visit <http://www.gsumsa.com> us at: www.gsumsa.com
<http://www.gsumsa.com>*

* Add us on Google Plus+ <http://goo.gl/fH1LJ>: http://goo.gl/fH1LJ
<http://goo.gl/fH1LJ> Follow us on Instagram
<http://instagram.com/msaatgsu>:* http://instagram.com/msaatgsu
* Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/GSU_MSA>: *
https://twitter.com/GSU_MSA
* (@GSU_MSA <https://twitter.com/GSU_MSA>) **Subscribe to us on YouTube
<http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU>: *
http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU
* Join our group on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/groups/gsumsa/>: *
https://www.facebook.com/groups/gsumsa/
Register with the MSA on
OrgSync<https://orgsync.com/join/26490/muslim-student-association>
: https://orgsync.com/join/26490/muslim-student-association **Only
registered members receive the code to the prayer room located at
University Center room 409.**

*Unsubscribe*: If you would like to be removed from the MSA mailing list,

Did you read this email? The first person to reply with their Panther ID #
and name gets waived dues for this semester! (*Newsletters only*)