*[image: Inline image 1] *

*Assalamu Alaikum MSA-ers!*

We hope your midterms are going well and that you’re not over-stressing
yourselves! Come out to our Game Night (details below) to celebrate the end
of midterm-season with some de-stressing games and fun with your friends!

*I) Game Night*

 Welcome to our annual MSA at GSU's Game Night where we host anyone and
everyone for a *night of fantastic food, games, and people*! Bring a friend
or two on *Thursday, November 14th from 3 - 6 PM* in *University Center
Room 470*!

Feel free to bring any games along for people to use and enjoy a wonderful
event right before Thanksgiving Break!

If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at *[log in to unmask]

*Where: University Center Room 470*

* When: Thursday, November 14th from 3:00-6:00 PM*

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/389862691117371/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

[image: Inline image 2]

*-------------------------------------------------------*

*COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS*

1) Tafseer Series: Surah Fatihah

2) AMYP Monthly Meet-Up

3) Youth Night at Madina Institute

4) Third Annual AMYP Formal

5) A Wish for Palestine – 2013

6) After Malcolm: Islam & the Black Freedom Struggle

7) Eradicating Islamophobia 2013

8) All You Need To Know About Marriage

*-------------------------------------------------------*

*1) Tafseer Series: Surah Fatihah*

Salaam everyone! Come out to our second tafseer event this *Thursday,
November 7th from 6-8pm*. The event will be held in the *Molecular Science
and Engineering Building, Room G021*.

Brother *Omer Kamal*, *a Bayyinah Dream Program graduate*, will be covering
the *tafseer of Surah Fatihah*, and I can guarantee you it's something you
don't want to miss! We recite surah Fatihah at least 17 times a day, but
how much do we actually understand or know about these verses? Come join us
and Insha’Allah benefit from this event!

There will be *pizza for attendees* after the halaqah.

*Where: Georgia Tech                 Molecular Science and Engineering
Building—Room G021 *

*When: Thursday, November 7th at 6:00 PM*

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/607257612672404/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

*2) AMYP Monthly Meet-Up*

Greetings AMYP-ers! It’s time for our next monthly meet-up!

*When: November 7th, 2013 (Thursday) @ 7:00pm Where: Murry’s in a Hurry
(Zabihah & Muslim Owned)                 880 Indian Trail Rd, Lilburn, GA
30047*

http://www.yelp.com/biz/murrays-in-a-hurry-lilburn-2

Y’all bring your A-game, empty stomachs, and competitive spirit every first
Thursday of the month at 7:00pm. The meeting is free, and you are only
responsible for what you eat. Please feel free to forward the invitation to
friends and bring them. We look forward to seeing you!

As always, the AMYP social committee is open to suggestions for locales for
future monthly meet ups. Email us at [log in to unmask]

Please visit http://www.atlmyp.org/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.atlmyp.org%2F&h=1AQGqG5Dh&s=1>
 for more information.

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/309766995827117/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

[image: Inline image 3]

*--------------------------------------------------------------- *

*3) Youth Night at Madina Institute *

On *Saturday, November 9th, 2013 from Isha (7:45 PM) to Midnight*, Madina
Institute USA will be hosting its first program designed for the youth of
Metro Atlanta. Speakers for the event include: *Shaykh Muhammad Adeyinka
Mendes* and *Hafiz Hassan M Faye*. This event will be hosted by Ahmed
Salim.

This is a *free event* open to *sisters and brother 14 years and older.*

The program will include *talks, discusion, games and much more!*

*Pizza and refreshments will be served.*

Please join us and spread the word to your friends and family!

*Where: Madina Institute                 4991 Burns Rd., Lilburn, GA 30047
When: Saturday, November 9th from 7:45 PM – Midnight *

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/171079846429810/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

[image: Inline image 4]

*--------------------------------------------------------------- *

*4) Third Annual AMYP Formal *

You are cordially invited to the Third Annual AMYP Formal. It will be an
elegant evening to enjoy the company of Atlanta’s Muslim young
professionals, to nosh on a fabulous dinner, and to be entertained by
various performances. In addition, there will be a silent auction
benefiting AMYP.

*Where: Crowne Plaza Hotel Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia
4355 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30346 When: Saturday, November
16th at 6:00 PM*

*The evening’s program is as follows: 6:00 Appetizers, Auction and Vendors
7:00 Welcome 7:30 Guest of Honor 8:00 Dinner 9:00 Entertainment *
We have *limited seating*, so please do not delay purchasing your tickets
at atlmyp.org. We have special pricing if you purchase your tickets early,
which is available *through October 31st*:

*$40 AMYP Members $50 Non Members $65 Dinner & Membership *After October
31, ticket prices increase*

*Formal dress* is required.

A fun and interactive *babysitting program will be available* for a nominal
charge and coordinated by Little Alim's
Academy<https://www.facebook.com/LittleAlimsAcademy?directed_target_id=0>.
Visit atlmyp.org or click the link below for pricing.

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/603894056321883/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

[image: Inline image 5]

*--------------------------------------------------------------- *

*5) A Wish for Palestine – 2013 *

The *University of Georgia's Muslim Student Association*, *Arab Cultural
Association*, and *Athens for Justice in Palestine and Amnesty
International* have come together to present the *third annual fundraiser*:
A Wish for Palestine.
AWFP is *a fundraiser luncheon* that will take place on *Sunday, November
17th, 2013 *at *Tate Grand Hall*. Please join our organizations and invite
everyone you know as we *raise money for the Palestine Children's Relief
Fund (P.C.R.F)*.
*Doors will open at 5:00 PM*. *Middle Eastern food will be served*.

The event is open to the public, not just UGA students!

Ticket prices are TBA.

ALL profits from this event goes to the P.C.R.F.

The P.C.R.F. is a registered non-political, non-profit, 501(c)3 tax-exempt
organization that was established in 1991 to address the medical and
humanitarian crisis facing Palestinian youths in the Middle East. The
P.C.R.F. provides many life-saving surgeries to Middle Eastern children in
need. This event cannot take place without the support of our community.
The P.C.R.F is truly an amazing organization, and if you'd like more
information, please visit their website:
http://www.pcrf.net/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcrf.net%2F&h=SAQGaRMB9&enc=AZMB2XWaNTbdyiZvoGkcvf2JnqkpZ-2e7QN5krIDbH6nd4bpR1aMyKVjAdvKbL-xBTw&s=1>
.

*Where: The University of Georgia, Tate Grand Hall               45 Baxter
Street, Athens, GA 30602*

*When: Sunday, November 17th at 5:00 PM*

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/227747750724293/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

[image: Inline image 6]

*--------------------------------------------------------------- *

*6) After Malcolm: Islam & the Black Freedom Struggle *

*Order tickets via Eventbrite*:
http://islamaftermalcolm-efbevent.eventbrite.com/

After Malcolm: Islam & the Black Freedom Struggle is the *official launch
of Atlanta's African American Muslim Archive project*-- a *collaborative,
multimedia effort that was established in Fall 2012* under the
direction of *Dr.
Abbas Barzegar *(Georgia State University) and *Dr. Mansa Bilal Mark
King*(Morehouse College).

The evening will feature a *networking reception*, *viewing of the After
Malcolm digital archive*, and *keynote address by Dr. Sohail Daulatzai*,
author of Black Star, Crescent Moon.

*Where: Georgia State University Welcome Center                 100 Auburn
Avenue NE, Atlanta, GA *

*When: Tuesday, November 19th from 5:00-8:00 PM*

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/742222385793630/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

*--------------------------------------------------------------- *
*7) Eradicating Islamophobia 2013*

 *IWIC* and *Atlanta Masjid* have joined hands to promote the *IWIC 2013
Conference* with a conversation around *"Women in Islam"*

More details to come....

Conference will be held at the *Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel*

*REGISTER NOW: Early Bird Special - $99*

*Where: Atlanta Masjid of Al-Islam                 560 Fayetteville Rd. SE,
Atlanta, GA 30316 When: November 22nd – November 24th *

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/593855444006549/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

*8) All You Need To Know About Marriage*

*The ingredients for a happy and blissful marriage*
Taught by *Shaykh Muhammad Adeyinka Mendes*

Open to all! -married and single-

**register here (**http://tinyurl.com/MI-Marriage
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2FMI-Marriage&h=KAQEPFkwG&enc=AZOR8Li9ca78WJ1cNFHh5lCd8nTn7TyTifp4snn2BsSdqYzVpO7XUaIb8bVWpruGvik&s=1>)*

This course with renowned marriage expert Muhammad Mendes will provide
attendees with the ingredients for a healthy and blissful marriage through
both *examining sacred text related to marriage* as well as *providing
practical guidance and advice on attaining and maintaining a strong,
healthy and fulfilling marriage*.

The course will include detail discussions of the following:

**Discovering the lost art of listening  *Understanding yourself (and your
spouse) through the Four Temperaments (as used in Islamic Medicine and
American phycology)  *Analysis of those things that make or break a healthy
marriage *The importance of romance and how to sustain it  *Commentary of
the hadith of Umm Zar (the 11 women and their husbands)*

*Where: Madina Institute                 4991 Burns Rd, Lilburn, GA 30047
When: Saturday, November 30th from 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM*

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/475692942544001/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

[image: Inline image 7]

--
*Visit <http://www.gsumsa.com> us at: www.gsumsa.com
<http://www.gsumsa.com>*

* Add us on Google Plus+ <http://goo.gl/fH1LJ>: http://goo.gl/fH1LJ
<http://goo.gl/fH1LJ> Follow us on Instagram
<http://instagram.com/msaatgsu>:* http://instagram.com/msaatgsu
* Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/GSU_MSA>: *
https://twitter.com/GSU_MSA
* (@GSU_MSA <https://twitter.com/GSU_MSA>) **Subscribe to us on YouTube
<http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU>: *
http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU
* Join our group on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/groups/gsumsa/>: *
https://www.facebook.com/groups/gsumsa/
Register with the MSA on
OrgSync<https://orgsync.com/join/26490/muslim-student-association>
: https://orgsync.com/join/26490/muslim-student-association **Only
registered members receive the code to the prayer room located at
University Center room 409.**

*Unsubscribe*: If you would like to be removed from the MSA mailing list,

Did you read this email? The first person to reply with their Panther ID #
and name gets waived dues for this semester! (*Newsletters only*)