Inline image 1

Assalamu Alaikum MSA-ers!

We hope your midterms are going well and that you’re not over-stressing yourselves! Come out to our Game Night (details below) to celebrate the end of midterm-season with some de-stressing games and fun with your friends!

I) Game Night

Welcome to our annual MSA at GSU's Game Night where we host anyone and everyone for a night of fantastic food, games, and people! Bring a friend or two on Thursday, November 14th from 3 - 6 PM in University Center Room 470!

Feel free to bring any games along for people to use and enjoy a wonderful event right before Thanksgiving Break!

If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at [log in to unmask]

Where: University Center Room 470

When: Thursday, November 14th from 3:00-6:00 PM

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/389862691117371/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Inline image 2

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS

1) Tafseer Series: Surah Fatihah

2) AMYP Monthly Meet-Up

3) Youth Night at Madina Institute

4) Third Annual AMYP Formal

5) A Wish for Palestine – 2013

6) After Malcolm: Islam & the Black Freedom Struggle

7) Eradicating Islamophobia 2013

8) All You Need To Know About Marriage

1) Tafseer Series: Surah Fatihah

Salaam everyone! Come out to our second tafseer event this Thursday, November 7th from 6-8pm. The event will be held in the Molecular Science and Engineering Building, Room G021.

Brother Omer Kamal, a Bayyinah Dream Program graduate, will be covering the tafseer of Surah Fatihah, and I can guarantee you it's something you don't want to miss! We recite surah Fatihah at least 17 times a day, but how much do we actually understand or know about these verses? Come join us and Insha’Allah benefit from this event!

There will be pizza for attendees after the halaqah.

Where: Georgia Tech
                Molecular Science and Engineering Building—Room G021

When: Thursday, November 7th at 6:00 PM

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/607257612672404/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

2) AMYP Monthly Meet-Up

Greetings AMYP-ers! It’s time for our next monthly meet-up!

When: November 7th, 2013 (Thursday) @ 7:00pm

Where: Murry’s in a Hurry (Zabihah & Muslim Owned)
                880 Indian Trail Rd, Lilburn, GA 30047

http://www.yelp.com/biz/murrays-in-a-hurry-lilburn-2

Y’all bring your A-game, empty stomachs, and competitive spirit every first Thursday of the month at 7:00pm. The meeting is free, and you are only responsible for what you eat. Please feel free to forward the invitation to friends and bring them. We look forward to seeing you!

As always, the AMYP social committee is open to suggestions for locales for future monthly meet ups. Email us at

Please visit
 http://www.atlmyp.org/ for more information.

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/309766995827117/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Inline image 3

3) Youth Night at Madina Institute

On Saturday, November 9th, 2013 from Isha (7:45 PM) to Midnight, Madina Institute USA will be hosting its first program designed for the youth of Metro Atlanta. Speakers for the event include: Shaykh Muhammad Adeyinka Mendes and Hafiz Hassan M Faye. This event will be hosted by Ahmed Salim.

This is a free event open to sisters and brother 14 years and older.

The program will include talks, discusion, games and much more!

Pizza and refreshments will be served.

Please join us and spread the word to your friends and family!

Where: Madina Institute
                4991 Burns Rd., Lilburn, GA 30047

When: Saturday, November 9th from 7:45 PM – Midnight

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/171079846429810/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Inline image 4

4) Third Annual AMYP Formal

You are cordially invited to the Third Annual AMYP Formal. It will be an elegant evening to enjoy the company of Atlanta’s Muslim young professionals, to nosh on a fabulous dinner, and to be entertained by various performances. In addition, there will be a silent auction benefiting AMYP.

Where: Crowne Plaza Hotel Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia
                 4355 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30346

When: Saturday, November 16th at 6:00 PM

The evening’s program is as follows:
6:00 Appetizers, Auction and Vendors
7:00 Welcome
7:30 Guest of Honor
8:00 Dinner
9:00 Entertainment

We have limited seating, so please do not delay purchasing your tickets at
atlmyp.org. We have special pricing if you purchase your tickets early, which is available through October 31st:
$40 AMYP Members
$50 Non Members
$65 Dinner & Membership
*After October 31, ticket prices increase

Formal dress is required.

A fun and interactive babysitting program will be available for a nominal charge and coordinated by
Little Alim's Academy. Visit atlmyp.org or click the link below for pricing.

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/603894056321883/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Inline image 5

5) A Wish for Palestine – 2013

The University of Georgia's Muslim Student Association, Arab Cultural Association, and Athens for Justice in Palestine and Amnesty International have come together to present the third annual fundraiser: A Wish for Palestine.
AWFP is a fundraiser luncheon that will take place on Sunday, November 17th, 2013 at Tate Grand Hall. Please join our organizations and invite everyone you know as we raise money for the Palestine Children's Relief Fund (P.C.R.F)
Doors will open at 5:00 PM. Middle Eastern food will be served.

The event is open to the public, not just UGA students!

Ticket prices are TBA.

ALL profits from this event goes to the P.C.R.F.

The P.C.R.F. is a registered non-political, non-profit, 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization that was established in 1991 to address the medical and humanitarian crisis facing Palestinian youths in the Middle East. The P.C.R.F. provides many life-saving surgeries to Middle Eastern children in need. This event cannot take place without the support of our community. The P.C.R.F is truly an amazing organization, and if you'd like more information, please visit their website
http://www.pcrf.net/.

Where: The University of Georgia, Tate Grand Hall
              45 Baxter Street, Athens, GA 30602

When: Sunday, November 17th at 5:00 PM

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/227747750724293/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Inline image 6

6) After Malcolm: Islam & the Black Freedom Struggle

Order tickets via Eventbrite:
http://islamaftermalcolm-efbevent.eventbrite.com/

After Malcolm: Islam & the Black Freedom Struggle is the official launch of Atlanta's African American Muslim Archive project-- a collaborative, multimedia effort that was established in Fall 2012 under the direction of Dr. Abbas Barzegar (Georgia State University) and Dr. Mansa Bilal Mark King (Morehouse College).

The evening will feature a networking reception, viewing of the After Malcolm digital archive, and keynote address by Dr. Sohail Daulatzai, author of Black Star, Crescent Moon.

Where: Georgia State University Welcome Center
                100 Auburn Avenue NE, Atlanta, GA

When: Tuesday, November 19th from 5:00-8:00 PM

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/742222385793630/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

7) Eradicating Islamophobia 2013

IWIC and Atlanta Masjid have joined hands to promote the IWIC 2013 Conference with a conversation around "Women in Islam"

More details to come....

Conference will be held at the Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel

REGISTER NOW: Early Bird Special - $99

Where: Atlanta Masjid of Al-Islam
                560 Fayetteville Rd. SE, Atlanta, GA 30316

When: November 22nd – November 24th

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/593855444006549/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

8) All You Need To Know About Marriage

The ingredients for a happy and blissful marriage
Taught by Shaykh Muhammad Adeyinka Mendes

Open to all! -married and single-

*register here (
http://tinyurl.com/MI-Marriage)

This course with renowned marriage expert Muhammad Mendes will provide attendees with the ingredients for a healthy and blissful marriage through both examining sacred text related to marriage as well as providing practical guidance and advice on attaining and maintaining a strong, healthy and fulfilling marriage.

The course will include detail discussions of the following:

*Discovering the lost art of listening

*Understanding yourself (and your spouse) through the Four Temperaments (as used in Islamic Medicine and American phycology)

*Analysis of those things that make or break a healthy marriage

*The importance of romance and how to sustain it

*Commentary of the hadith of Umm Zar (the 11 women and their husbands)

Where: Madina Institute
                4991 Burns Rd, Lilburn, GA 30047

When: Saturday, November 30th from 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/475692942544001/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Inline image 7

--
Visit us at: www.gsumsa.com