[image: Inline image 2]

*Assalamu Alaikum MSA-ers!*

*I) Eid Mubarak!

*

Eid* *Mubarak to you from the MSA at GSU! May Allah accept all of your
fasting and prayers and shower you with His blessings. Enjoy the rest of
your Eid and we hope to see you all *THIS* *TUESDAY*, *October 22nd*, when
we all celebrate this joyous occasion together, Insha'Allah! (See event
details below)

*II) Eid Extravaganza!*

Come one, come all to the Muslim Students Association's Eid Extravaganza!
We will be hosting the event in Georgia State University's very own *Student
Center Ballroom *on *Tuesday, October 22nd,* from *6:00 PM until 9:00 PM*.

We will be featuring *fantastic speakers*, *creative henna artists*, *skillful
calligraphy artists*, and of course a *spectacular, tasty
dinner*celebrating another wonderful Eid!

There will be a *$10 entry fee* at the door for those that have NOT paid
yet this semester that will constitute as your Fall 2013 dues as a member
with the MSA @ GSU. With your dues you will help contribute to our
semesterly Prayer Room costs (located in the University Center in Room 409)
and you will receive:

- Free entry to all events for the rest of the semester
- A uniquely designed MSA at GSU T-shirt

*Anyone interested in volunteering, please email us at **[log in to unmask]**!*

PARKING INFORMATION:

Students and guests should be able to park at M Deck (33 Auditorium Place)
or T Deck (43 Auburn Avenue).

* $7.00 for visitors or students without a parking permit or budget card
* $4.50 per entry with a valid GSU student parking permit
* $3.50 per entry with a valid GSU student Parking Budget Card
* $2.25 per entry after 4 PM in all decks and lots with a valid GSU student
parking permit

Also, parking on the street is free after 7pm on weekdays.

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/169664449901876/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

[image: Inline image 3]

*-------------------------------------------------------*

*COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS

*

1) AMYP's Books for Africa Volunteer Day

2) Muslim Day at Grant Park

3) 6th Annual UpLift-MAS Family Camp

4) Shadows in the Sun: The Living Legacy of the Sahabas

5) Hygiene Drive for the Homeless

6) Fall 2013 Feed the Less Fortunate

7) AMYP Monthly Meet-Up

8) Third Annual AMYP Formal

*-------------------------------------------------------*

*1) AMYP's Books for Africa Volunteer Day **                   *

Join *AMYP's Community Outreach Committee* on *Saturday, October 19th*, as
we *help sort and package books* to send to students in need all throughout
Africa! We will be *meeting at the Books for Africa Warehouse at 10:30 AM
EST* for a quick volunteer meeting before we *get to work at 11:00AM EST*.
Come out and support a great cause while having fun and showing the
community how much AMYP cares! If you're unable to attend, but would still
like to contribute, *we will be collecting books for donation at the
October Monthly Meet-up*.

*When: Saturday, October 19th at 10:30 AM*

*Where: Books for Africa Warehouse
                 2971 Olympic Industrial Drive SE, Suite C, Smyrna, GA 30080
*

* *

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/715864558430847/

*--------------------------------------------------------------- *

*2) Muslim Day at Grant Park*

Join us for the *annual Muslim Day* at Grant Park. *Bring the whole family
for Islamic Food, Fun, and a city wide community of Muslims*. This Annual
event lends itself to a good time for the whole family. Enjoy music,
vendors, games and more!

*When: October 19th at 10:00 AM - October 20th at 6:00 PM*

*Where: Grant Park*

*                840 Cherokee Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30315*

Be there early to get a good spot.

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/503071713118015/?ref=2**

*--------------------------------------------------------------- *

*3) 6th Annual UpLift-MAS Family Camp *

Theme*: Judgements: Purifying our hearts: Removing the roots of sin and
hatred*

"O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some
assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you
like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And
fear Allah; indeed, Allah is accepting of repentance and Merciful." [49:12]

The beauty of this Ayah can be implemented in many features of our life. By
understanding circumstances, the religion, and how to connect with people
we can replace hatred with peace and love and by caring less about how
others judge us and more about the One judging us.
Only then, can we progress as an Ummah.

*Guest Speaker: Osama Eisa

*

*Where: A.H. Stephens State Park*

*                Crawfordville, Georgia*

* When: Friday, October 25th - Sunday, October 27th *

*For more information contact:
**[log in to unmask]** or 678-900-9020*

*Registration Deadline: October 22nd 11:59 pm*

To register go to:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1E7Ne6fLyp1jteVLGfqmMG5sIjfu_XeWAYUqzTznx0Us/viewform

For Saturday Day Pass Registration go to:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DVKVdGMP1br04HOWrNusjEb23qshI9DufngtxFXAzgs/viewform

To volunteer go to:
http://www.volunteerspot.com/client/invitation/cb4775c8ba1b1648348168bcc4b51dda1ba3b631/523186/true#!523186/false/false

We hope to see you there!

* *

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/407326972702637/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

[image: Inline image 4]

*--------------------------------------------------------------- *

*4) Shadows in the Sun: The Living Legacy of the Sahabas *

Their names are known

But their contributions are unknown.

To the left, right, in front and back, wherever he (salla Allahu alayhi
wassalam) looked, she was there.

He was beaten to a pulp for reciting the Quran aloud for the first time.
But he came back and did it again the next day anyway.

These were men and women who surrounded the Prophet (salla Allahu alayhi
wassalam). We hear their names frequently, but how much do we really know
about their contributions to Islam, to us?

Have you considered that today you are able to carry the Book of Allah
because one man long ago sacrificed many sleepless nights to scrutinize
every verse written on whatever animal hide, piece of wood, or stone that
the companions could muster? Or have you considered that today you
comprehend the words of Allah (swt) because one boy long ago was made a
prodigy, a genius, committed to the perpetual study of the Quran and its
depth of wisdom?

In a specially prepared seminar, Dr. Abdullah Hakim Quick gathers the
remarkable contributions of the men and women around the Prophet (salla
Allahu alayhi wassalam) to transform your kinship with the best generation
to ever walk the earth.

*Register for Shadows in the Sun: The Living Legacy of the Sahabas at
http://almaghrib.org/*

Free Friday 10/25/13 from 7:00-10:00 PM

Saturday 10/26/13 from 10:00 AM-7:00 PM

Sunday 10/27/13 from 10:00 AM-7:00 PM

*Where: Georgia Tech*

*                 255 North Ave NW, Atlanta, GA 30332*

*When: Friday, October 25th - Sunday, October 27th *

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/544526495602047/?ref=2

[image: Inline image 5]

*--------------------------------------------------------------- *

*5) Hygiene Drive for the Homeless*

Homeless people go without the basic essentials most of us take for
granted. In their effort to find a place to sleep and food, it's hard to
obtain the basic hygiene items they need, like toothbrushes, toothpaste,
soap etc. We can't imagine our lives without these items, but there are
people out there with little access to them.

Therefore, we are collaborating with the *Fall 2013 Feed the Less
Fortunate*event taking place on
*Sunday October 27th at 10am*. This *potluck-style* event was made to feed
the homeless people around the area. It was a great success last time with *200
homeless people showing up* and getting food and drinks. Many of them asked
for hygiene items as well. So we have decided to make a table especially
for hygiene kits to hand out to them this time. If everyone could donate
these items, it would be much appreciated and help so many people.

We just need to get them in by *Thursday October 24th* so we can put
everything together into a kit.

*Here are the items that we need:

~Toothbrushes
~Toothpaste
~Soap
~Washcloths or hand towels
~Deodorant
~Shampoo
~Feminine products*

*Money donations would also be accepted*! We can use them to purchase these
things as well.

Please tell your friends, family and colleagues! We need to spread the word.
* We can come pick up these items or we can set up a place to drop them off*.
Just let me know!

Email or Facebook message me with any questions you have.

*Email: [log in to unmask]*

* *

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/195189243996910/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

*--------------------------------------------------------------- *

*6) Fall 2013 Feed the Less Fortunate *

Due to the success of our last event feeding over 200 people, All praise is
due to God, and the large request to have this event more often by God's
will we have decided to do this event quarterly.

The idea is for it to be a *pot luck style event* with everyone preparing a
dish or bringing an item (beverages, food serving gloves, hygiene items,
etc.). This method allows us to have a lot of food without anyone exerting
too much energy. I have attached links to a registration form and the
Google doc that will automatically populate with what dish/items each
person will bring below. You are allowed to edit your responses if you
change your mind on what you are bringing so don't be afraid to register
early. *If you are able to make a dish but won't be able to make it we can
attempt to arrange someone to pick it up*. *Volunteers will be needed* to
serve, set up, and clean up so if you are interested in doing so check the
appropriate boxes in the registration form below was well. May you receive
many blessing for any effort contributed towards feeding of the less
fortunate. Invite your friends!

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

*Where: 140 Pine Street, Atlanta, GA 30308
*

*When: Sunday, October 27th at 10 AM*

*Registration:*
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1upkF4Rclq2RgmxsvYkkZ1LolW2uWiHLAdr_brsZN_iM/viewform

*What others are bringing:*
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Arl8vHFb0Z25dDd2VjBEZncteUxoZmQtQVJmckNtUVE&usp=sharing

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/447591175360413/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

*--------------------------------------------------------------- *

*7) AMYP Monthly Meet-Up*

Greetings AMYP-ers! It's time for our next monthly meet-up!

*When: November 7th, 2013 (Thursday) @ 7:00pm

Where: Murry's in Hurry (Zabihah & Muslim Owned)
                880 Indian Trail Rd, Lilburn, GA 30047*

http://www.yelp.com/biz/murrays-in-a-hurry-lilburn-2

Y'all bring your A-game, empty stomachs, and competitive spirit every first
Thursday of the month at 7:00pm. The meeting is free, and you are only
responsible for what you eat. Please feel free to forward the invitation to
friends and bring them. We look forward to seeing you!

As always, the AMYP social committee is open to suggestions for locales for
future monthly meet ups. Email us at [log in to unmask]

Please visit http://www.atlmyp.org/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.atlmyp.org%2F&h=1AQGqG5Dh&s=1>
 for more information.

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/309766995827117/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

 [image: Inline image 6]

*--------------------------------------------------------------- ***

*8) Third Annual AMYP Formal *

You are cordially invited to the Third Annual AMYP Formal. It will be an
elegant evening to enjoy the company of Atlanta's Muslim young
professionals, to nosh on a fabulous dinner, and to be entertained by
various performances. In addition, there will be a silent auction
benefiting AMYP.

*Where: Crowne Plaza Hotel Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia
                 4355 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30346

When: Saturday, November 16th at 6:00 PM*

*The evening's program is as follows:
6:00 Appetizers, Auction and Vendors
7:00 Welcome
7:30 Guest of Honor
8:00 Dinner
9:00 Entertainment
*
We have *limited seating*, so please do not delay purchasing your tickets
at atlmyp.org. We have special pricing if you purchase your tickets early,
which is available *through October 31st*:
*$40 AMYP Members
$50 Non Members
$65 Dinner & Membership
*After October 31, ticket prices increase*

*Formal dress* is required.

A fun and interactive *babysitting program will be available* for a nominal
charge and coordinated by Little Alim's
Academy<https://www.facebook.com/LittleAlimsAcademy?directed_target_id=0>.
Visit atlmyp.org or click the link below for pricing.

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/603894056321883/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
*
[image: Inline image 7]

*

--
*Visit <http://www.gsumsa.com> us at: www.gsumsa.com*
*Email <[log in to unmask]>** us at: **[log in to unmask]**
Add us on Google Plus+ <http://goo.gl/fH1LJ>: http://goo.gl/fH1LJ
Follow us on Instagram <http://instagram.com/msaatgsu>:*
http://instagram.com/msaatgsu*
Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/GSU_MSA>: *
https://twitter.com/GSU_MSA* (@GSU_MSA <https://twitter.com/GSU_MSA>)
**Subscribe to us on YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU>: *
http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU*
Join our group on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/groups/gsumsa/>: *
https://www.facebook.com/groups/gsumsa/
Register with the MSA on
OrgSync<https://orgsync.com/join/26490/muslim-student-association>
: https://orgsync.com/join/26490/muslim-student-association **Only
registered members receive the code to the prayer room located at
University Center room 409.**

*Unsubscribe*: If you would like to be removed from the MSA mailing list,

Did you read this email? The first person to reply with their Panther ID #
and name gets waived dues for this semester! (*Newsletters only*)