News from the Offi

Dear Georgia State Faculty,

We are pleased to announce that the FY2015 Research Initiation and Scholarly Support Grant applications and the FY2014 Dissertation Grant application are now available on URSA's Internal Grant Program page. Please inform all eligible doctoral students about the Dissertation Grant program as soon as possible (applications for these awards are due Oct. 18, 2013).

After a comprehensive assessment of our internal grant programs and based on feedback from many of you, we have discontinued the Faculty Mentored Grant program starting in FY2015, and have added a mentor option to the Research Initiation Grant program that will provide the exact same type of support as the Faculty Mentored Grant program provided previously. Furthermore, we have made some substantial changes to the Research Initiation, Scholarly Support and Dissertation grant program applications. Please review these carefully before applying for upcoming deadlines.

We welcome any questions you may have about the new applications and instructions for applying. You may contact either Monica Swahn or Kelly Stout with your questions.

Sincerely,

Monica H. Swahn, Ph.D.
Associate Vice President for Research

and

Kelly Stout, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Special Research Initiatives

Copyright 2013 Georgia State University, All rights reserved.