Inline image 1

Assalamu Alaikum MSA-ers!

We hope you all are enjoying Ramadan and have been taking full advantage of this blessed month. As we enter the last 10 days of Ramadan, think about what you have accomplished in the past 20 days and what your goals are for the remaining ones. Al-Bukhari and Muslim record from 'Aishah (RA) that during the last ten days of Ramadan, the Messenger of Allah would wake his wives up during the night and then remain apart from them (that is, being busy in acts of worship). A narration in Muslim states: "He would strive [to do acts of worship] during the last ten days of Ramadan more than he would at any other time." Keep in mind that this may be the last chance we have to witness this holy month, so make these last few days count!

I) Welcome Back Dinner

To our new members, Welcome! And to our returning members, Welcome back to our annual MSA at GSU's Welcome [Back] Dinner! This year's dinner will be hosted by the new MSA at GSU board featuring guest speaker Dr. Mansour Ansari and MSA adviser Anita Husen!

The event will take place in the Student Center Ballroom on Tuesday, September 3rd from 6-9 PM. There will be a $10 entry fee at the door that will constitute as your Fall 2013 semester dues as a member with the MSA at GSU. With your dues you will help contribute to our semesterly Prayer Room costs (located in the University Center in Room 409) and you will receive:

- Free entry to all events for the rest of the semester

- A uniquely designed MSA at GSU T-shirt

Anyone interested in volunteering, please email us at [log in to unmask]

PARKING INFORMATION:

Students and guests should be able to park at M Deck (33 Auditorium Place) or T Deck (43 Auburn Avenue).

• $7.00 for visitors or students without a parking permit or budget card

• $4.50 per entry with a valid GSU student parking permit

• $3.50 per entry with a valid GSU student Parking Budget Card

• $2.25 per entry after 4 PM in all decks and lots with a valid GSU student parking permit

Also, parking on the street is free after 7pm on weekdays.

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/685938414752952/

Inline image 1

II) Weekly Halaqahs

Come one, come all! Please join us at our first MSA event of Fall 2013, the Monday Mixed Halaqahs led by none other than Hafiz Yahya Saeed! They will be held every week from 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM in the University Center in room 402. The first Halaqah will be on September 9th, Insha'Allah. Plan your schedules accordingly and come on out!

Inline image 1

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS

I) Youth Ramadan in Atlanta: Saturday Night Lights

II) The SHAMA’IL by Shaykh Muhammad an-Ninowy: A FREE Prophetic Hadith Intensive

III) Masjid Beautification Day

I) Youth Ramadan in Atlanta: Saturday Night Lights

We are proud to announce a collaboration among masjids in the Atlanta area to put on quality youth programming during Ramadan. Each Saturday night in Ramadan will feature an all-night youth event at a different masjid. Each masjid will display it's unique local flair of speakers, programming, and food. If you haven’t attended one yet, you still have a few chances!

8/2: Masjid Al-Farooq (Atlanta) - Brothers only
8/2: Masjid Omar (Norcross) - Sisters only
8/2: West End Masjid - Brothers & Sisters
8/3: RCM (Roswell) - Brothers & Sisters
TBD: Masjid Hamzah - Sisters only

Join us these nights for lectures, sports, qiyaam, remembering Allah, and of course, scrumptious suhoor breakfasts of pancakes, biscuits, hash browns, and turkey bacon.

Bring your sleeping bag! Exclusive to youth aged 15-22. Programs will run from Saturday nights after taraweeh until Sunday at noon.

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/213532495467248/213716828782148/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

II) The SHAMA’IL by Shaykh Muhammad an-Ninowy: A FREE Prophetic Hadith Intensive

Imitation of Prophet Muhammad is Rooted in Love, and Love is Rooted in Knowledge

World-renowned hadith scholar, Shaykh Muhammad an-Ninowy, will be our guide on an incredible journey through the famous Shama'il of Imam at-Tirmithi, 400+ narrations (ahadith) describing in detail the beautiful and awesome physical description, impeccable character, and radiant spirituality of the last prophet sent to guide humanity to their full potential, Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings on him and his family). The Shama'il culminates in a chapter on the reality of seeing Prophet Muhammad in dreams and visions. Shaykh Muhammad will not only be transmitting the hadith "texts" but will provide scholarly critique and analyses of selected hadith "chains of transmission".

This is a rare opportunity for those who simply want to broaden and deepen their knowledge of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings on him and his family), those who are committed students of the Islamic Sciences, and those who yearn for a truly spiritual connection to him beyond mere emotional attachment.

All attendees of the entire course will receive an "ijaza" (license to transmit) in the Shama'il at-Tirmithi at the course's conclusion.

COST: FREE!!

VENUE: Madina Institute, 4991 Burns Rd, Lilburn, GA 30047

DATES: August 2 (6.30-8.30pm)
                August 3 (9am-7pm)
                August 4 (9am-7pm)

PLEASE REGISTER HERE
 (http://tinyurl.com/ShamailByNinowy)

*Babysitting will be provided at cost
*Great Halal Restaurants in walking distance for those not fasting

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/364574667003258/?notif_t=plan_user_invited

 Inline image 3

III) Masjid Beautification Day

Sign up for the first annual Masjid Beautification Day! We need volunteers to help the masjid with a variety of tasks including helping to plant trees and flowers, organizing the school library, painting a mural, mending Qurans, and many more!

Breakfast and a BBQ lunch will be provided for all participants. The first 50 individuals who register will also receive a free t-shirt.

With your help, we'll be able to develop a stronger Ummah and give back to the masjid that has provided so much to our community.

When: Saturday, August 24th

Where: Al- Farooq Masjid of Atlanta

                442 14th St NW, Atlanta, GA

Program:

9:00am-9:30am: Breakfast/Registration
9:30am-10:00am: Speaker
10:00am-12:30pm: Service Project
12:30pm-2:00pm: Lunch
2:00pm-2:30pm: Zuhr

REGISTER: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RiTPkpfCrkN0w7Ct5Oxa2JZWfe8ZZiyP92LHlOF8A58/viewform

If you have any questions, please email [log in to unmask]

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/549382921792073/?notif_t=plan_user_invited

Inline image 4

--
Visit us at: www.gsumsa.com