Inline image 2

Semi Monthly Hadith

The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the earth.’” [Tirmidhi]

MSA ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. Letter from the President

2. MSA Election Results

3. YouTube Videos

I. Letter from the President

Assalaam-u-Alaikum everyone,

I hope everyone has had an amazing semester and is looking forward to a great summer!

I am honored and humbled to be serving as the new MSA President for the upcoming academic year, 2013-2014. InshAllah with the help and support of my amazing team and you all, the upcoming year will be one of the most successful GSU's MSA has ever seen. I want to thank everyone who was involved this past year for making MSA so memorable and worthwhile for me. I know I have big shoes to fill and hopefully, Allah will allow me to guide my team and this organization to success, inshAllah.

I also want to thank you all for your support for the MSA. I speak for my board when I say that we aim to address the needs of our community and inshAllah, we will be blessed and capable enough to serve you all properly in the upcoming year.

I wish you all the best in your upcoming endeavors and I hope to see you all at the many exciting events MSA will host in the Fall. Please keep your fellow GSU MSA Members and the rest of the Muslim Ummah in your duas!

JazakAllah Khair,
Hira Mashkoor
President

II. MSA Election Results

On behalf of the GSU MSA board, we would like to announce the MSA board for the upcoming school year of 2013-2014! Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to those who participated in the elections this year!

President: Hira Maskoor
Brother's Vice President: Akbar Ahmed
Sister's Vice President: Zainab Ayaz
Secretary: Wiam Ahmad
Treasurer: Danial Qureshi
Public Relations: Abdurrahman Darvesh
Event Coordinator: Komal Abbas
Da'wah/Outreach Coordinator: Omar Hamki
Halaqah Coordinator: Yahya Saeed
Reservations Coordinator: Faraz Ahmed
AMYP Representative: Inam Jamil
Interfaith Coordinator: Jibraan Mubeen
Prayer Room Manager: Kaashif Umrani
Food Manager: Ansa Riaz
Decorations Committee Chair: Sarah Ansari
MSA Council Representative: Noor Elsaqa
Community Service Chair: Amirah Houry

Inline image 8

III. YouTube Videos

Please take some time to watch some of the highlights of the GSU MSA of this past semester. We have several videos lined up for you to enjoy so please watch and most importantly, subscribe!

MSA Fast A Thon Guest Speaker: Imam Siraj Wahaaj: http://youtu.be/orglkA95WXs

MSA Entertainment Night 2013 Talent
Shah Zubair: http://youtu.be/mLETBdHOpEM
Khizer Khan: http://youtu.be/2qXAjOXpHWI
Mohammad Noorollahi: http://youtu.be/bVbrrunmeYk
Nabihah Salim: http://youtu.be/szkKZKTHHQA

MSA Breaking Stereotypes: Moderation in Islamhttp://youtu.be/lO3Kr8BazF4

MSA Islamic Unity And Culture Fairhttp://youtu.be/s_468Q_n0Ag

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. AMYP Monthly Meet-up

2. 27th Annual Celebration Fashion Show (Sisters Only)

3. Surah Yaseen with Shaykh Abdul Nasir Jangda in ATL

4. 6th Annual 5-on-5 Marjaan Basketball Tournament

1. AMYP Monthly Meet-up

Greetings AMYP-ers!

When: May 2nd, 2013 (Thursday) @ 7:00pm
Where: Murry’s in Hurry (Zabihah & Muslim Owned)
880 Indian Trail Rd, Lilburn, GA 30047
http://www.yelp.com/biz/murrays-in-a-hurry-lilburn-2

This will be our go-to location for the next few Monthly Meet-Ups! We'll have games where no topic is Taboo; where you can be witty with your Catch Phrase; or whatever the night’s games may bring – so be ready.

Y’all bring your A-game, empty stomachs, and competitive spirit every first Thursday of the month at 7:00pm. The meeting is free, and you are only responsible for what you eat. Please feel free to forward the invitation to friends and bring them. We look forward to seeing you!

As always, the AMYP social committee is open to suggestions for locales for future monthly meet ups. Email us at [log in to unmask]!

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/456214467778190/?ref=14

Inline image 4

2. 27th Annual Celebration Fashion Show (Sisters Only)

It’s that time of year, and we are ecstatic. The 27th Annual Celebration Fashion Show: “The Sealed Nectar Pt II is here.

Buy Your Tickets Now!

This year’s event will take place May 3, 2013 through May 5, 2013. That weekend will encompass a Sister’s Party, Workshops, Trunk Show, and the jewel of the weekend – the Fashion Show. The location this year will be at the premier entertainment venue, 595 North. The venue is situated just minutes from the heart of downtown.

We plan on having another awesome time beginning on Friday with the Celebration Sister’s Party, Saturday, Trunk Show and workshops, and Sunday the Fabulous Fashion Show. We are asking all participants to come “Dressed to Impress” on all occasions. Our workshops are designed to empower, enrich, and engage sisterhood. The trunk show will be a time to see and purchase fabulous goods and clothing, to socialize and get ready for the runway that will be electrifying.

Inline image 5

3. Surah Yaseen with Shaykh Abdul Nasir Jangda

Bayyinah Presents: Quran for Family: Surah Yaseen.

Join in this one-day seminar as we go over the tafseer of Surah Yaseen, oftentimes referred to as the "heart of the Qur'an".

Class Timings:
June 2 - Sun: 11AM-7PM

Tuition: $35/Person

Click here for more information about the class:
www.yaseen.bayyinah.com

Register here:
http://bayyinah.com/courses/surah-yaseen/

For more information contact: [log in to unmask]

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/106842132824257/?ref=14

Inline image 6

4. 6th Annual 5-on-5 Marjaan Basketball Tournament

Salaam Athletes!

Marjaan will be hosting 6th Annual Marjaan Basketball Tournament. Just like last year, it will be 5-on-5.

32 teams. Two divisions (13-17yrs and 18+). Registration will be $25 per person before 5/27. After 5/27, the price will be $35 per person. The teams can have a maximum of 10 players.

Follow the instructions for registration at http://www.marjaan.org/registration/

Once you register your team, you have the option to pay online or onsite. Our recommendation is to pay online to secure a spot in the tournament. There are a total of 32 team slots (16 slots for 13-17 & 16 slots for 18-up) available for the tournament. The tournament will give priority to teams on the “First Come, First Serve” basis. For the teams, which pay online they will be given priority over teams which pay onsite.

Once again, Follow the instructions for registration athttp://www.marjaan.org/registration

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/302796183184968/

Inline image 7
--
Visit us at GSUMSA.com! Be sure to register with the MSA on OrgSync! Only registered members receive the code to the prayer room located at University Center room 409.

The MSA at GSU is now on Twitter and YouTube! Follow us on Twitter @GSU_MSA and we'll follow you back insha'Allah!
Subscribe to us on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU
And join our Facebook group at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/2201839796/