Inline image 1

Semi-Monthly Hadith

Jabir bin Samurah (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) came out to us (once) and said, "Why do you not stand in rows as the angels do before their Rubb?'' We asked: "O Messenger of Allah! how do the angels stand in rows before their Rubb?'' He (PBUH) replied, "They complete each row beginning with the first and filling all the gaps.''[Muslim].

I) The Voting Period Begins!

Assalam-u-alaikum everyone,

It is my pleasure to announce the start of the voting period to determine the new MSA Board for the 2013-14 school year! I, Abdurrahman Darvesh, am announcing my resignation as President of the GSU MSA and happily handing it to Sister Hira Mashkoor, effective at the end of the Spring 2013 semester. I would also like to announce our new treasurer, Brother Danial Qureshi! Alhamdullilah, this year was a wonderful year for everybody but I feel as if though it well be well served to everybody if they experience a change in leadership for next year. New ideas are always something that encourages people to keep on coming back as well as bringing new people into the mix. Insha'Allah next year will be, by far, the most successful year we have ever had as an MSA. I would like to express my congratulations to Hira and Danial and the rest of the new, yet to be determined, board. May Allah (SWT) guide and keep you onto the straight path and reward you for all of your past and upcoming efforts.

Jazakullah Khair for everything,

Abdurrahman Darvesh

To vote for the upcoming elections, please click here:
http://goo.gl/3Ytga
If you have any questions, please email us at:

II) Qur’anic Recitation Event

The MSA is planning to host an event THIS Thursday, April 18th in the University Center in Room 480/485 from 3:30 PM until 5:30 PM. This will be a FREE event and we will be having FREE food. This will be a lunch style buffet, insha'Allah, and we really encourage you to come on out to come and listen to the speakers and anyone involved. This is located right down the hallway from the MSA Prayer Room so please don't miss out on your chance! We will have ballot casting at this event as well, but please do not forget to vote!

 Community Announcements

 1.       Medshare Volunteer Day

2.       The 1st Annual PCRF Gala

3.       Atlanta Arab Night feat. FouseyTube

4.       Living the Dream (AMYP Event)

5.       Check the GSU MSA gmail inbox for an email from the Roswell Community Masjid

6.       AMYP Monthly Meet-ups

1. Medshare Volunteer Day

The Community Outreach Committee is working with MedShare Atlanta (http://www.medshare.org/) for a Volunteer Day on Saturday, April 20th, 2013 at 12:15PM. MedShare is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving healthcare and the environment through the efficient recovery and redistribution of the surplus of medical supplies and equipment to those most in need. Volunteers will learn about MedShare and the work they do globally, as well as help sort and prepare medical supplies.

Please come out to join the Community Outreach Committee members.

We will be meeting at the MedShare wareshouse (3240 Clifton Springs Road Decatur, GA 30034) at 12:15PM before volunteering our services as a group. You can make a difference; come out to the MedShare Volunteer Day for a chance to meet some great people and make a difference.

Please contact [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] for more information.

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/133350823513247/?ref=14

2. The 1st PCRF Annual Gala: Lending Little Hearts a Hand

When: Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 7:30pm

Where: Atlanta Marriott Gwinnett Place

1775 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth, Georgia 30096

Tickets: $100

 Keynote Speakers:
Steve Sosebee, founder of PCRF
Dr. Randy Smith of Augusta, GA

Entertainment by Arab American Comedian Amer Zahr.
Dinner, Silent Auction, Raffle Tickets...

ALL proceeds will go towards building a much needed new Pediatric Cardiac Center in Gaza! Table sponsorship Available..!! Purchase your ticket now through the Facebook link below or email us at [log in to unmask]

The Palestine Children’s Relief Fund is a registered non-political, non-profit, 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization that was established in 1991 by concerned people in the U.S. to address the medical and humanitarian crisis facing Palestinian youths in the Middle East.

 On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/109047182610925/

Inline image 2

3. Atlanta Arab Night feat. FouseyTube

University of Georgia's Arab Cultural Association and Athens for Justice in Palestine; Georgia State University's Middle East Socio-Political Association (MESPA); Emory University's Arab Cultural Association; and Agnes Scott's Programming Board and Student Association Leading Awareness in the Middle East (SALAM) are proud to collaborate for the first time and present....

Come one, come all, to the first ever Atlanta Arab Night! This event is designed as a multifaceted cultural showcase of what Arab culture is comprised of, and what makes it so wonderful! The theme is Once Upon a Time, or كان يا ما كان in Arabic, to signify this new beginning to what will hopefully be a wonderful tradition.

These four universities have come together to present a diverse array of acts to show the rich culture of the Arab world, including singing, dancing, and spoken word. Those in the audience are encouraged to wear traditional clothing from any Arab country of choice or the colors of their country's flag. You can even bring your flag to wave in the audience!

And of course, the most exciting part - after the student performances, we will have a huge portion of the show featuring famous Palestinian-American comedian Yousef Erakat aka FouseyTUBE! Make sure to check out his channel here: www.youtube.com/fouseytube. Yousef is performing here as a part of his "My name is Yousef" tour and will be entertaining you all with a variety shows.

Doors open at 6:30pm, and event begins at 7:15pm. FREE PARKING is available on site!

----------TICKETS----------
$10/student; $15/non-student; $20/VIP

-ONLINE TICKET SALES ARE UP!!! Online ticket sales will end at 11:50 PM Saturday, April 20! After that, you can purchase tickets either through a host organization OR on-site on April 27. We highly recommend you purchase your ticket online to avoid long lines! Also VIP tickets are LIMITED so this is the best way to make sure you get one! Go to this link to purchase! http://atlarabnight.eventbrite.com/

-VIP tickets are LIMITED!!! Buy them while they are in supply! VIP tickets get up-front seating and may attend the meet-and-greet with FouseyTUBE after the show. At the meet-and-greet, fans can meet him, purchase his merchandise, and have a chance to get your picture taken with him.

-We will also announce via Facebook pre-sales at each school.
-Tickets will also be sold on site, where we prefer cash or check payment.
-Student tickets must be prepared to show student ID at the door.
Let's celebrate the beautiful Arab culture!
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at: [log in to unmask]

On Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/events/506898529345417/?ref=14

Inline image 3

4. Living the Dream

AMYP is honored to invite Mr. Nouman Ali Khan as he presents the inspirational lecture Living the Dream. Mr. Khan will take us on his journey of how he took his vision for the Dream Program from an idea to a reality. This event is the first of its kind being presented by Mr. Khan. Mr. Khan will share how the Bayyinah institute grew from an idea to a national Islamic education center. This is the amazing story of the inception of the Bayyinah institute.

Save the date and mark your calendars for Mr. Nouman Ali Khan’s Living the Dream presentation on April 27th!

 Details around the event are still forth coming.

Due to limited seating capacity, we are strongly encouraging all interested participants to sign up as soon as possible as it is likely this event will sell out.

Pricing is as follows:
Early bird special (expires 4/13)
$32 for members
$37 non members
Regular registration (4/14 - 4/21)
$37 members
$42 non members
Late registration (4/22 - 4/26)
$42 members
$47 non members
On site (if tickets still available)
$50 members
$55 non members

***Please invite your friends and family***

 On Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/events/445207408893244/

Inline image 5

5. Book Fair at Roswell Community Masjid

 Roswell Community Masjid will be holding an Islamic Book Fair on Sunday April 28th from 11:00am to 5:00pm.

Inline image 9

6. AMYP Monthly Meet-up

Greetings AMYP-ers!

When: May 2nd, 2013 (Thursday) @ 7:00pm
Where: Murry’s in Hurry (Zabihah & Muslim Owned)
880 Indian Trail Rd, Lilburn, GA 30047

http://www.yelp.com/biz/murrays-in-a-hurry-lilburn-2

This will be our go-to location for the next few Monthly Meet-Ups! We'll have games where no topic is Taboo; where you can be witty with your Catch Phrase; or whatever the night’s games may bring – so be ready.

Y’all bring your A-game, empty stomachs, and competitive spirit every first Thursday of the month at 7:00pm. The meeting is free, and you are only responsible for what you eat. Please feel free to forward the invitation to friends and bring them. We look forward to seeing you!

As always, the AMYP social committee is open to suggestions for locales for future monthly meet ups. Email us at [log in to unmask]!

Please visit http://www.atlmyp.org/ for more information

On Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/events/456214467778190/?ref=14

Inline image 7

--
Visit us at GSUMSA.com! Be sure to register with the MSA on OrgSync! Only registered members receive the code to the prayer room located at University Center room 409.

The MSA at GSU is now on Twitter and YouTube! Follow us on Twitter @GSU_MSA and we'll follow you back insha'Allah!
Subscribe to us on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU
And join our Facebook group at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/2201839796/