From the Office of the Associate Vice President for Research
You are invited to attend a viewing of the live webinar, "NIH Career Development Awards: Which Mechanism is Right for You?" on Thursday, Feb. 28, at 2 p.m., in 124 Petit Science Center.
During this URSA-sponsored viewing, you will learn how NIH Career Development Awards provide protected time for research and career development for
investigators in the biomedical, behavioral, or clinical sciences. Deciding on the correct mechanism can be influenced by many factors. This webinar will detail the major types of awards for basic and clinical researchers, offer techniques for deciding if
a particular mechanism is right for you, and shine some light on your funding chances in comparison to an R01.
If you wonder if this is a good mechanism then this webinar is meant for you. If you have early career investigators in your department, this webinar would be a great resource for them as well. Take a look at what you will learn:
Key webinar objectives:
- Help you decide if this is the best approach at this stage in your career.
- Share tips for obtaining buy-in from a mentor or the administration.
- Detail the rules for submission.
- Share information to show the grant is not all about the science.
Five key webinar take-aways:
- Decide if a particular mechanism is right for you.
- Determine what the training program should say.
- Determine what your mentor or mentors should provide.
- Take home techniques to get buy-in/cooperation from mentors.
- Taken home techniques to make your application stand out.
Register for this event today.
Seating is limited therefore registration is required.
See you there,
Monica Swahn, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Associate Vice President for Research
Professor, Public Health