*[image: Inline image 2]     *

*Semi-Monthly Hadith*

“Umar bin Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The
Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Whoever of you performs Wudu' carefully
and then affirms: `Ash-hadu an la ilaha illallahu Wahdahu la sharika Lahu,
wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan `abduhu wa Rasuluhu [I testify that there so no
true god except Allah Alone, Who has no partners and that Muhammad ((PBUH)
is His slave and Messenger],' the eight gates of Jannah are opened for him.
He may enter through whichever of these gates he desires (to
enter).''[Muslim].

Assalamu Alaikum Dear MSA members,

We have two major MSA events going on, including our first major event of
the semester next Thursday, February 21st and five community announcements
for you in this newsletter.

*I) Fast-A-Thon*

Fast-A-Thon is an annual event that asks the local community to abstain
from food and drink for one day from sunrise to sunset. This year, the
Fast-A-Thon will take place on* Thursday, **February 21st*. Participants
will be invited to a dinner at *5:30 pm in the Student Center Ballroom*,
where they will break their fast and partake in an evening of reflection
and social awareness. The guest *speakers* at the event will be the
nationally renowned *Imam Siraj Wahaaj* and *Helping Hand USA*.

Admission:
A table will be set up at the entrance allowing people to register and join
with the MSA by paying their dues for the semester. *Dues for this event
will be $10* and will include a free T-shirt and free admission to every
other MSA event for the rest of the semester.

*Anyone interested in volunteering, please email us at **[log in to unmask]**!
*
PARKING INFORMATION:

Students and guests should be able to park at M Deck (33 Auditorium Place)
or T Deck (43 Auburn Avenue).

• $7.00 for visitors or students without a parking permit or budget card
• $4.50 per entry with a valid GSU student parking permit
• $3.50 per entry with a valid GSU student Parking Budget Card
• $2.25 per entry after 4 PM in all decks and lots with a valid GSU student
parking permit

Also, parking on the street is free after 7pm on weekdays.

[image: Inline image 1]

*II) Halaqahs and the Dawah table*

Halaqahs have started! Come join us to freely discuss religious and
non-religious topics relevant to Muslims. In addition to broadening our
Islamic knowledge, this is the perfect time to meet fellow Muslims on
campus! Halaqahs will take place three times a week, starting on Mondays
with a *mixed Halaqah from 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM*, followed by a *brothers’
Halaqah on Tuesdays from 12:15 PM - 1 PM*, and a *sisters’ Halaqah on
Thursdays from 12:15 PM - 1 PM*. All Halaqahs will take place in the
*University
Center on the 4th floor in room 402*, located just around the corner from
the MSA Prayer Room. Please come and learn about the Deen and bring a
friend with!

[image: Inline image 5]

We have also started the Dawah table - a table set out for curious
Non-Muslims and Muslims to learn about Islam and become a part of the MSA. *If
you are interested in becoming a part of the Dawah table, email us at
[log in to unmask] *Catch us there every Monday and Wednesday from 12-1 PM in
the Library Plaza!

[image: Inline image 3]

*COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS*
1. Fawakih Institute’s Quranic Arabic Intensive & “What is Love?” (Feb 15th– 17
th)
2. International Purple Hijab Day 2013 (Feb 23rd)

                     3. Family Fun Day Volunteers Needed (March 2nd)

                                       4.
AMYP’s Monthly Meet-Ups (March
7th)
             5. MSA East Zone Conference (March 22-24)

*1.** **Fawakih Institute’s Quranic Arabic Intensive & “What is Love?”*

This weekend, Al-Farooq Masjid of Atlanta will be hosting two exciting
events:

1.      Fawakih Institute's *Quranic Arabic Intensive* (registration
required), with a free session on Friday night entitled "Linguistic Beauty
of the Quran"

2.      *"What is Love?"* on Saturday night for youth and their families.

We welcome the entire Atlanta community to participate!

*
*

*Fawakih Quranic Arabic Intensive *

Who: Teenage and Adults interested in the basics of the Arabic linguistics
found in the Quran

Instructor: Hisham Mahmood, Fawakih Director of Arabic

When: Fri 2/15 @ 7pm to Sun 2/17 @ 4:30pm

Cost: $100 tuition for weekend course (Friday and Saturday night events are
free)

How: Online registration required, seats are limited due to the interactive
nature of the course (wait-list available when course is filled) @
http://atlantafawakih.eventbrite.com/ <http://atlantafawakih.eventbrite.com/>

*What is Love?*

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/107133746123731/

Love is in the air, and everyone has their own ideas about what it means.
From the prophets (peace be upon them) to the scholars and poets, what kind
of wisdom can we take from our tradition about this powerful force? How do
we recognize it, and how can we let it flourish in lives? On the other
hand, how can we heal the wounds that may be left by those we may love or
have once loved?

This session is for youth, but we encourage the whole family to attend. We
will have an extended Q&A session after the talks.

 Speakers:

Ustadh Hisham Mahmoud

Ustadha Zaynab Ansari

Ustadh Salah Abdul-Razacq

Sat, Feb 16, 2013

6:00pm - 9:00pm

Location:

Abu Bakr Hall,

Al-Farooq Masjid of Atlanta

442 14th Street, Atlanta, GA

 [image: Inline image 6]

*2. International Purple Hijab Day 2013 - Atlanta Event*

An event hosted in Atlanta, GA by Muslim Men Against Domestic
Violence-Atlanta. This day we come together to remind us about domestic
abuse and how we are all responsible for ending it in our community,
insh'Allah. We also celebrate the lives of those who we have lost due to
domestic abuse in the US and aboard, insh'Allah. We ask people to host
prayer vigils in their homes, places of worship, host workshops and other
events to bring people together to discuss the issue and to recommit to
working together to end it, insh'Allah. Please contact Bilal Stroud at
[log in to unmask] to be in the program.

February 17, 2013...Purple Spa Day...Recognition/support against Domestic
Violence.12- 5pm ..Islamic Center West End is part of the local weekend of
events. February 17, 2013 Int.l Purple Hijab Day 2013 brunch Masjid Al Mu
minun, 1127 Hank Aaron Dr. SW 1 pm-4 pm cost $7.00.

[image: Inline image 7]

*3. Family Fun Day Volunteers Needed*

Dear MSA members,

We are a private Islamic school in Lilburn-GA, Al-Falah Academy. We are
fully licensed and accredited.

We are reaching out to you because we are planing a family fun day free for
the community and we need volunteers to help us during the event.

Your reputation precedes you and we are looking forward to find volunteers
with your qualifications.

During the family-fun day event, planned for *March 2nd, 2013*, we have a
chance to reach out to many GA tax donors and increase the amount of
available scholarship funds. We are counting on your support to help us
handle the event in a very professional and organized way.

Here are some of the tasks that we need volunteers to handle during the
Family-fun day:

Ø  Before the event (*9:30a.m to 11a.m.*)

-       Set up the registrar’s stations

-       Set up the activities ‘stations (Art and crafts face painting,
Henna…)

-       Handle decorations (balloons, banners…)

Ø  During the event (*10:45a.m to 2p.m.*)

-       Check list of guests

-       Distributing papers ( GA tax, tours flyer, enrollment brochures)

-       Working in the Henna and face painting booths

-       Working in the arts and crafts stations

-       Coordinating various games for the children

-       Coordinating and monitoring Basket-ball and volley-ball games for
the children

-       Babysitting

Ø  After the event *(2p.m. to 3p.m.)*

-       Cleaning

Please reach out to me or to the PTO ([log in to unmask]) to
sign-up for one of the tasks above

The address of the event:

*Berkmar High School*

*405 Pleasant Hill Rd*

*Lilburn, GA 30047*

Kindly, please forward this email to your friends.

Thank you for your support

*4. AMYP’s Monthly Meet-Ups*
Greetings AMYP-ers!

When: March 7th, 2013 (Thursday) @ 7:00pm
Where: Murry’s in Hurry (Zabihah & Muslim Owned)
880 Indian Trail Rd, Lilburn, GA 30047
http://www.yelp.com/biz/murrays-in-a-hurry-lilburn-2

This will be our go-to location for the next few Monthly Meet-Ups! We'll
have games where no topic is Taboo; where you can be witty with your Catch
Phrase; or whatever the night’s games may bring – so be ready.

Y’all bring your A-game, empty stomachs, and competitive spirit every first
Thursday of the month at 7:00pm. The meeting is free, and you are only
responsible for what you eat. Please feel free to forward the invitation to
friends and bring them. We look forward to seeing you!

As always, the AMYP social committee is open to suggestions for locales for
future monthly meet ups. Email us at [log in to unmask]

Please visit http://www.atlmyp.org/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.atlmyp.org%2F&h=fAQFCKmxl&s=1>
 for more information or visit the Facebook event at
https://www.facebook.com/events/554148924608962/
[image: Inline image 8]

*5. MSA EAST ZONE: Raleigh, NC on March 22-24!*

MSA National is pleased to announce the East Zone Conference in Raleigh, NC
from March 22-24! Save the date and start planning!

REGISTRATION is open! Check out
http://msanational.org/ez/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmsanational.org%2Fez%2F&h=nAQEu3taS&s=1>
Registration is $35 now, and $45 at the door.

Click on the link at http://msanational.org/ez/ for hotel information.
Rooms are at the Raleigh Marriott City Center for 115.00/night

If you are interested in transportation from your locality, please visit
atlez2013.eventbrite.com. Please use your *GSU student email address* to
register.

[image: Inline image 9]