Dear Colleagues,

This is a reminder about the upcoming deadline for Dissertation Grants and NEW Census Center Grants to the GSU Internal Grants Program.  Also included below is information about our other upcoming or rolling internal grant program deadlines.

Dissertation Grants:  Provides support to full-time doctoral students by funding the costs of dissertation research. Application deadline: November 16, 2012

Atlanta Census Research Data Center Grants:  Provides seed funding to support research conducted with the ACRDC.  Application deadline: November 16, 2012

Research Initiation Grants: Provides support to primarily junior tenured and tenure-track faculty to pursue a new research or artistic activity. Application deadline: January 14, 2013

Faculty Mentored Grants: Provides support to tenure-track faculty in the acquisition of external research support under the guidance of a highly accomplished mentor. Application deadline: January 14, 2013

Scholarly Support Program: Provides support to mostly senior tenured and tenure-track faculty to pursue a significant and prestigious product. Application deadline: January 14, 2013

Conference Support Grants: Provides funds for scholarly and research conferences hosted by GSU. Application deadline: Rolling review.

Travel Support Grants: Provides support for a trip by tenured or tenure-track faculty to a sponsoring agency, foundations, etc., to garner external funding. Application deadline: Rolling review.

For detailed descriptions of the available programs, please visit the URSA website at http://www.gsu.edu/research/funding_opportunities.html

I also invite you to join my “Guide to Internal Grants” workshop, November 1, 2012 from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (location TBD). This workshop will review internal program guidelines and discuss ways to increase the likelihood of successfully obtaining funding. Online registration is required. For registration visit: http://www.gsu.edu/research/44554.html

Sincerely,

Monica Swahn, PhD

Associate Vice President for Research