[image: Inline image 1]

Semi-Monthly Hadith

Reported by Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them): A woman came to
the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) and said, "Allah's obligation
upon His slaves has become obligatory on my father in his old age. My
father is very old and incapable of riding. May I perform Hajj on his
behalf?'' He (peace be upon him) said, "Yes.'' [Bukhari and Muslim].

Assalamu Alaikum Dear MSA-ers,
We hope you are all having a wonderful semester!
In the month of October, we have an interfaith event and we also have our
very first Jumu'ah YouTube video of the semester, along with a video of the
Georgia MSA council! Be sure to check them out and like them!

I) Interfaith Event

Join us on *Wednesday, October 10th* for a chance to meet with members of
the Muslim Students Association & the Baptist Christian Ministries! *Snacks
will be provided*! The event will begin at *11:00 AM* and will end at* 2:00
PM* in *room 470* of the *University Center*!

*Registered MSA members will get free admission* to this event! If you
haven't registered yet, there will be a table set up at the event so that
you can pay there. *Dues are ten dollars* for this semester!

On Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/events/375950589149349/?notif_t=group_mall_plan

[image: Inline image 2]

II) YouTube video of Jumu'ah on Campus
We have a video of Jumu'ah on Campus posted on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCMs05JLHUU&feature=plcp
 This video features Guest Speaker Moulana Hafiz Mohammad Jafari delivering
a great Khutbah about "Protecting the Rights of Allah (SWT)", on September
14th, 2012 in room 485 of the University Center. Please come out and join
us for Jumu'ah every week at 2 PM, and/or 3 PM.

III) Georgia MSA Council Fall 2012 Picnic Video
**
Watch the Georgia MSA Council Fall 2012 Picnic! It was a wonderful picnic
held on September 15th, 2012 in Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta, GA.
Alhamdullilah nearly 100 people were at this event and we want to encourage
everyone to come and make it for the next Georgia MSA Council event! Here
is a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m1lfJBhUgY

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. Poetic Vision Tour presents Return of the Outlaws
2. Yamadina.com: New portal for housing and halal food needs

1. Poetic Vision Tour - Return of the Outlaws

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall
spring..."

After an amazing show in the winter of 2011, Poetic Vision Tour is finally
coming back to Atlanta as part of it's 15-city fall tour! Bring your
friends and family, because you definitely don't want to miss out!! PVT
brings a unique fusion of spiritually-inspired folk-rock music and hip-hop
poetry and is now happy to present its Autumn '12 Seasonal Concert Tour -
"Return of the Outlaws".

 Featuring: Dawud Wharnsby, Raef, Ms. Latifah and Saad Omar

 When: *Saturday, October 13, 2012*. Doors open at *7:00pm*
Where: *LeCraw Auditorium, Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business, 800
West Peachtree Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30332*
 Parking and Directions:
http://scheller.gatech.edu/about_us/map_directions.html
 How much: *$15 now, $20 at the door*. VIP & Family tickets are also
available.

 *To buy tickets*: http://pvtatlanta.eventbrite.com/
Ahmed Salim - 678.267.6275
Aysha Abdullatif - 404.542.6864
Samina Sattar - 404.983.5964
Abdurrahman Darvesh - 404.955.3936
Essra Burgeba - 404.775.6916
Maryam Ishtiaq - 678.773.8903
Atif Waseem Khan - 770.714.4758
Khadija Taufique - 678.548.8965

Sponsored by:
Muslim Student Association
Atlanta Muslim Young Professionals (AMYP)
Elevate Culture

For more information: http://poeticvisiontour.com/

[image: Inline image 3]

2. Yamadina.com

Visit: http://www.yamadina.com for housing listing and halal food
restaurants in the Atlanta area. Users can also create listings for housing
and roommate needs. There are currently no postings for housing around GSU,
but we encourage you to start posting housing listings and roommate
listings so that these needs could be met more professionally.
 *To make a new post, click on the "New post" button on the top left corner
on the search results page* (this button is not present on the home page,
only on the search results page), choose city from a drop down menu and
fill out the form. Once completed, click submit to complete the posting.

--

Visit us at GSUMSA.com! Be sure to register with the MSA on OrgSync! Only
registered members receive the code to the prayer room located at

The MSA at GSU is now on Twitter and YouTube! Follow us on Twitter @GSU_MSA
and we'll follow you back insha'Allah!
Subscribe to us on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU
And join our Facebook group at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/2201839796/

Unsubscribe: If you would like to be removed from the MSA mailing list,

Did you read this email? The first person to reply with their Panther ID #
and name gets waived dues for this semester! (Newsletters only)