Georgia State University                                                        September 7, 2012

EXTERNAL FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES

(Funding and research-related announcements for members of the Georgia State research community)

NOTE: Some GSU faculty investigators will receive duplicates of these funding emails through September as we solicit new subscribers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

This biweekly email service (and RSS feed) is available by subscription (See Subscribe box on the URSA Funding Opportunities webpage).  Archives of past funding emails can be accessed by clicking on the RSS option in the Subscribe box.  Contact the URSA office at [log in to unmask] with additional questions or comments.

*Many of these funding opportunities listed below are pulled from the COS-Pivot funding database.  GSU faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to register for COS-PIVOT (at no cost) to create their own search profile and receive weekly alerts to all new funding in their areas of research.  For more information on using COS-PIVOT to find funding, visit the URSA Funding Database webpage.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

NIH: One-Time Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) Reporting Guidance for Certain Fiscal Year 2012 Awards Issued on or After August 24, 2012 (NOT-OD-12-143)

NIH: Notice of Pilot Processes for Submitting of Post-Award Relinquishing Statements to NIH (NOT-OD-12-132)

NIH: Notice of Pilot for Processing Post-Award Changes in Grantee Organizational Status: Successor-in-Interest (NOT-OD-12-133)

NIH:  Successor-in-Interest Application

NIH: Notice of Pilot Processes for Post-Award Change of Grantee Organization Applications to NIH (NOT-OD-12-134)

NIH: Change of Grantee Organization Application

NIH: Notice of Special Council Review of Research Applications from PDs / PIs with More than $1.0 Million Direct Costs in Annual NIH Support (NOT-OD-12-140)

Arts and Humanities

American Library Assoc: The Coretta Scott King Book Awards for Authors and Illustrators

Soros Foundation: Soros Justice Media Fellowships

Business

AUPHA: The William B. Graham Prize for Health Services Research

NIH: Tobacco Control Regulatory Research - R01

NIH: Tobacco Control Regulatory Research - R03

NIH: Tobacco Control Regulatory Research - R21

Computer, Math, and Physical Sciences

Microsoft: Microsoft Research Faculty Fellowship Program

MIT: $100,000 Lemelson-MIT Award for Global Innovation

NIH: TaRGET I: Chromatin Structure, Genomics, and Transcriptional Responses to the Environment (R01)

NIH: Exploratory Innovations in Biomedical Computational Science and Technology (R21)

NSF: Interfacial Processes and Thermodynamics

NSF: Catalysts and Biocatalysts

NSF: General & Age-Related Disabilities Engineering (GARDE)

NSF: Biomedical Engineering (BME)

NSF: Joint DMS / NIGMS Initiative to Support Research at the Interface of the Biological and Mathematical Sciences

NSF: Focused Research Groups in the Mathematical Sciences (FRG)

NSF: Software Infrastructure for Sustained Innovations (SI2): Chemical Sciences

NSF: Science, Engineering, and Education for Sustainability Fellows (SEES)

NSF:  Innovation Corps Teams Program (I-Corps Teams)

NSF: Innovation Corps Sites Program (I-Corps Sites)

NSF: United States-Israel Collaboration in Computer Science (USICCS)

Education and Social Sciences

MIT: $100,000 Lemelson-MIT Award for Global Innovation

NSF: Science, Engineering, and Education for Sustainability Fellows (SEES)

NSF:  Innovation Corps Teams Program (I-Corps Teams)

NSF: Innovation Corps Sites Program (I-Corps Sites)

NSF: SBE Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (Minority Postdocs)

Health, Behavioral, Biological and Biomedical Sciences

amfAR: Exploring the Mechanisms for HIV Persistence and the Potential for HIV Eradication

IAS: Creative and Novel Ideas in Research Awards program (CNIHR)

MIT: $100,000 Lemelson-MIT Award for Global Innovation

NIH: Bridges to the Doctorate Program (R25) (Limited Submission)

NIH: Bridges to the Baccalaureate Program (R25) (Limited Submission)

NIH: Environmental Influences on the Microbiome (R21)

NIH: Basic Behavioral Research on Multisensory Processing (R21)

NIH: The Interplay of Substance Abuse and HIV-1 Infection on Glial Cell Function (R01)

NIH: The Interplay of Substance Abuse and HIV-1 Infection on Glial Cell Function (R21)

NIH: Transgenerational Inheritance in Mammals After Environmental Exposure (TIME) (R01)

NIH: Transgenerational Inheritance in Mammals After Environmental Exposure (TIME) (R21)

NIH: TaRGET I: Chromatin Structure, Genomics, and Transcriptional Responses to the Environment (R01)

NIH: Tobacco Control Regulatory Research - R01

NIH: Tobacco Control Regulatory Research - R03

NIH: Tobacco Control Regulatory Research - R21

NIH: Examination of Survivorship Care Planning Efficacy and Impact [R01]

NIH: Examination of Survivorship Care Planning Efficacy and Impact [R21]

NIH: NIMH Research Education Mentoring Programs for HIV / AIDS Researchers (R25)

NIH: Exploratory Innovations in Biomedical Computational Science and Technology (R21)

NSF: Biomedical Engineering (BME)

NSF: Joint DMS / NIGMS Initiative to Support Research at the Interface of the Biological and Mathematical Sciences

NSF: Science, Engineering, and Education for Sustainability Fellows (SEES)

NSF:  Innovation Corps Teams Program (I-Corps Teams)

NSF: Innovation Corps Sites Program (I-Corps Sites)

NSF: SBE Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (Minority Postdocs)

Susan G. Koman Foundation: Investigator-Initiated Research (IIR) Grants

Public Health and Health Professions

Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Demonstration Grant for Testing and Functional Tools (TEFT) in Community-Based Long Term Services and Supports

MIT: $100,000 Lemelson-MIT Award for Global Innovation

NIH: Tobacco Control Regulatory Research - R01

NIH: Tobacco Control Regulatory Research - R03

NIH: Tobacco Control Regulatory Research - R21

NIH: Examination of Survivorship Care Planning Efficacy and Impact [R01]

NIH: Examination of Survivorship Care Planning Efficacy and Impact [R21]

NIH: NIMH Research Education Mentoring Programs for HIV / AIDS Researchers (R25)

Susan G. Komen Foundation: Investigator-Initiated Research (IIR) Grants

Economics, Law and Public Policy Studies

NIH: Tobacco Control Regulatory Research - R01

NIH: Tobacco Control Regulatory Research - R03

NIH: Tobacco Control Regulatory Research - R21

NSF: SBE Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (Minority Postdocs)

Public Welfare Foundation: Criminal Justice Program

Soros Foundation: U.S. Criminal Justice Fund (U.S. Programs' Criminal Justice Fund)

Soros Foundation: Soros Justice Advocacy Fellowships

Soros Foundation: Soros Justice Media Fellowships