¶The Thesis & Dissertation Formatting Workshop will be held Friday, June 15th, at 10:00 AM in the Adherhold Building, Room 5.
The workshop will last approximately 2 hours, and you are encouraged to bring questions!
¶The FTP server for the Manuscript Review process has been updated. Attached please find an updated Thesis & Dissertation Guide which contains the new steps for completing the upload (Appendix B).
AS A REMINDER:
DATES TO REMEMBER
· July 2, 2012 – Initial Thesis/Dissertation Format Review Deadline
o Thesis/Dissertation Review Deadline
· July 16, 2012 – Final Thesis/Dissertation Submission Deadline
o Degree Requirement Completion Deadline
§ All manuscripts must be approved for format and defended. Signature pages must be submitted to the Graduate Office.
o Final theses/dissertations must be uploaded to the Digital Archive and all non-thesis approval forms must be submitted by 5:00 pm.
INITIAL MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION
· You are not required to have defended your manuscript by the initial format review deadline (July 2nd); however, you MUST submit a complete draft.
· Manuscripts must be submitted in a single Microsoft Word file. ¶ It is highly advised that you adhere to the attached MS Word Docx template. (If you are using Word on a Mac or an older version of Word for a PC, please respond to this email requesting a copy of the formatted template that will work with your software.)
o If your manuscript was created using Word for a Mac or other software, you must convert it to a PDF before uploading it to the Graduate Services FTP server for format review.
· Your file must be named using the naming convention below:
o LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_YEAR AND MONTH OF GRADUATION_DEGREE ABBREVIATION_SUBMISSION NUMBER
Note: We now offer a LaTeX template. If your discipline requires you to use the LaTeX format, please respond to this email requesting the approved template.
FINAL MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION
· Submit the original signature sheet to the College of Arts & Sciences Office of Graduate Services.
o Doctoral students must also submit the completed Survey of Earned Doctorates, ProQuest publishing agreement, and fee.
· Defend your thesis or dissertation
o The recommended defense date is July 9, 2012.
· Upload the final manuscript to the Digital Archive @ Georgia State University before the final submission deadline, July 16th by 5:00 pm.
** For more detailed information regarding processes and formatting, please consult the Thesis and Dissertation Guide.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS ATTACHED
· Manuscript Review Process
· Thesis and Dissertation Guide
o It can also be accessed on the Office of Graduate Services website: http://www.cas.gsu.edu/grad_graduation.html
· Thesis and Dissertation Template (MS Word 2007 and later)
· Template Instructions
THESIS AND DISSERTATION FORMATTING SESSIONS
· The Thesis & Dissertation Formatting Workshop is tentatively scheduled for: Friday, June 15th, at 10:00 AM in the Aderhold Building (room TBD next week).
o The workshop will last approximately 2 hours, and you are encouraged to bring questions!
· Small instructional formatting group workshops are available to students.
o Please contact LeAnne Davis Henderson at
¶Attention master’s degree candidates completing a non-thesis project or paper and master’s degree candidates in the Department of Communication completing a creative thesis:
Please contact your advisor in the Office of Graduate Services for additional information about your process. http://www.cas.gsu.edu/grad_services.html
LeAnne Davis Henderson
Office of Graduate Services
College of Arts & Sciences
[log in to unmask]