Inline image 1
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
We pray this message reaches you in the best of health and faith!

Donate Items to Atl Women's Shelter [NOW in the Prayer Room]
Inline image 2

Clean out your closet and make your mom happy. As you are spring cleaning, sort through any new or gently used items listed below. A donation box will be set up in the Prayer Room after the break. *If you would like to earn community service points for your donation, please let us know!* Questions or Concerns? Please contact Sara Khan <[log in to unmask]> or Madiha Abid <[log in to unmask]> Members who participate in at least 3 community service events will receive a special gift at the end of the semester. Make sure to contact us to verify your participation. If there is no record of your participation you will NOT receive the special gift, NO EXCEPTIONS-- Thank you.

Diapers (sizes 4-6), wipes, formula, shampoo, lotion, powder, diaper rash cream, hand sanitizer, seasonal clothing in ONLY plus size, Payless Shoe Store giftcards, women and kids' athletic shoes and socks, new undergarments, large reusable bags, rolling bags, travel sized toiletries, feminine hygiene products, household cleaning items, laundry cleaning items, blankets, coffee, sugar, powder or canned creamer, cereal, school supplies, backpacks, TI-89 Calculators.

MSA Elections: Nominations and Voting [starting April 1, 2012]

Inline image 1

Do you know someone in MSA who would be interested in being the next…
Brother's Vice President
Sister's Vice President
Public Relations (2 people)
Brother's Social/Sports Coordinator
Sister's Social/Sports Coordinator
*The current Executive Board, as a whole, will determine the next Treasurer and President (according to Article V of the MSA Constitution).

Nominations will run from April 1, 2012 to April 15, 2012. The nominated person will be contacted to accept or reject the nomination within 5 days of the nomination. Nomination form: here
Voting will run April 16, 2012 to April 30, 2012. Any evidence of campaigning once a nominee has accepted a nomination will render your nomination void. Winners will be announced through the mailing list in May 2012.
-Do not nominate the same person for more than one position.
-You may only submit one nomination form.
-Violation of any of any of these rules will render your nomination(s) void.

Other available MSA positions include: Print Media Liaison, T-Shirt Coordinator, Interfaith Council Rep, Decorations, and more. Email us at [log in to unmask] with the position in the subject line for more information.

MSA Retreat

[April 15, All day, Ocoee River Tennessee]

Inline image 2

Catch a chance at early season high water on the river with your MSA friends! This ever popular, never-boring, class 4 river offers constant action and waves. Join us for an epic full day middle-trip on the Ococee River in Tennessee with a special guest speaker. The ability to swim is recommended and 15 seats are available paid in full by MSA. First come first serve for SUNDAY, April 15 including transportation guide equipment and lunch. Sign up here

East Zone Conference Transportation [April 20-22, Washington DC]
Inline image 3
Our MSA will be renting two vans to drive to the MSA East Zone Conference for the weekend of April 20-22 at GW University. The van is free, gas will be split between the people in each van, and the conference is $30. The van is not limited to GSU MSA members only. For more information about the conference, click here and to sign up for the van, please fill out this form.

Message from our NEW MSA Advisor, Ms. Anita Husen [starting Monday March 6 in the Prayer Room]
Inline image 4
As-salaam alaikum MSA community of GSU!

As your new faculty advisor, I would like to express my gratitude to the outgoing president and soon-to-be alumna Safia Ansari for this opportunity to work with you all in representing Muslims at GSU and representing GSU for the greater Atlanta area.

Last fall I started at GSU as an Arabic instructor in the Middle East Institute. I was born in Minneapolis, a child of Pakistani immigrants. Like many of my students, I started formal study of Arabic as an undergraduate, and Arabic has become my life's passion and vocation ever since.

I look forward to helping MSA collaborate with other organizations and communities, both on campus and off, in order to broaden MSA's impact and audience. And in the process of realizing this vision, I look forward to getting to know each of you both as students as well as sisters and brothers in faith.

My office is in the 34 Peachtree building, suite 2019 and my (virtual) door is always open, so feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask] with any questions or concerns.

Did you read this email? The first person to reply with their Panther ID # and name gets waived dues for this semester!