bismillah.jpg
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh Brothers & Sisters,

Alhamdulillah! The bake sale was a success! In 8 short days, we made $322.50, with a starting goal of $200.00! So, thanks to everybody and a very special thanks to our future community service chair persons, Madiha Abid and Sara Khan. Please make dua for them and for the school children in Jordan!

In other news, sister's game night is tonight, Thursday Feb 16th, at UC 470 from 4-8pm. So sisters, please bring snacks and games and your fun spirit! The brothers' game night will be on March 29th.

Sisters Game Night 2012.jpg

From Monday 2/20 to Thursday 2/23 from 12:15-2pm, we will be doing Henna in Library plaza to fundaise for MSA. If you can help by applying henna, explaining the tradition in different cultures, or collect/count money, please stop by!

As a part of our Children of Abraham series, we will be having FREE lunch with intervarsity Christian fellowship on Wednesday February 22 from 11-2pm in university center 470. Stop in at anytime, grab a bite, and meet some new friends!

Intervarsity lunch.jpg

The Fast-a-thon is scheduled to be on the Tuesday, March 6th. Spread the word and join us.

FastathonFlyer.JPG

Also, we need one person to take over the reservations liaison position for Huda Abdi once she graduates. Please email Safia Ansari at [log in to unmask] if you're interested.

Last but not least, please pay the dues for Spring Semester 2012 at the box in the prayer room if you have not done so already. The majority of the dues collected goes to paying rent for the prayer room. Thanks in Advance.

- GSU MSA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. Our Deen Offline: Event for Single Muslims | April 21st, 2012 | 1 PM – 4 PM | Atlanta, GA
2. Helping Hands Opportunity: Spring Break in Haiti
3. World's First Muslim Spelling Bee competition: Registration now open
4. Spring 2012 Intergroup Dialogue (IGD) on Religion registration is now open.
5. LGBT Muslims Retreat in Philadelphia: May 25-28, 2012.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Our Deen Offline | April 21st, 2012 | 1 PM – 4 PM | Atlanta, GA

Be one of the first to attend a Muslim singles event of this caliber on the East coast hosted by none other than YouTube sensation Baba Ali himself.  If you are serious about getting married and want to meet people who are highly compatible with you, but do not want to go through the musical chairs (AKA speed-dating) process, then this is your event.  This event was designed for the successful Muslim professional in mind, where one’s honor and dignity is preserved.  To learn more about this event and sign up visit http://halfourdeen.polldaddy.com/s/offline-registration-atlanta.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Helping Hands Opportunity: Spring Break in Haiti

Last year college students from across the US came together to spend their Spring Break in Haiti to assist with HHRD emergency relief efforts. These students were able to partake in building shelters, volunteer in medical camps, and teach Haitian children in makeshift schools. HHRD is once again reaching out to students to spend their 2012 Spring Break in efforts to rebuild Haiti. For more information, please click here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. World's First Muslim Spelling Bee competition

We are pleased to announce the registration for the World's First Muslim Spelling Bee competition are now open to Muslim Children ( ages up to 14 years) from Islamic School, Public School, Private School and Home School .http://muslimspellingbee.com/Register.aspx.

The following opportunities are available with the Muslim Spelling Bee Competition:

1. Judges, Volunteers, Internship and Pronouncers for the regional and national competition. (Contact us at [log in to unmask])

2. Sponsorship of the event (Contact us at [log in to unmask])

3. Vendor space at the main event (Contact us at [log in to unmask])

4. Vendor space at the regional (Contact the School directly) http://www.muslimspellingbee.com/1/islamic-schools-support

5. The regional competition would also have a cultural event and Bazaar/Vendor Booths and you can contact the School for further details.http://www.muslimspellingbee.com/1/islamic-schools-support

Please check out TV commercial on TV One channel http://tv1online.tv/http://www.muslimspellingbee.com/14/video and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxXHAzNF-I

spellingbee.jpg

4. Spring 2012 Intergroup Dialogue (IGD) on Religion registration is now open.

To register yourself, please click on the link below and complete the electronic registration form. There are NO paper forms this semester. All registration will take place electronically: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDllWEVDcTlzdXpQX1BCWTB6bzFlLXc6MQ

Once members have completed their electronic registration, they will be contacted by the Office of Intercultural Relations informing them of their exact Intergroup Dialogue date and time. However, all members who sign-up for a spring IGD must attend the Saturday, March 10 (9am – 3pm) Intergroup Dialogue Retreat.

If you have any questions, please call 404/413-1576 or email [log in to unmask].

5. LGBT Muslims Retreat.

**The following event is not sponsored or.endorsed by the MSA at GSU. We are only passing on an announcement request from a community member as all other announcements are. Thank you.

LGBT retreat.jpg