[image: bismillah.jpg]
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh Brothers & Sisters,

Alhamdulillah! The bake sale was a success! In 8 short days, we made
$322.50, with a starting goal of $200.00! So, thanks to everybody and a
very special thanks to our future community service chair persons, Madiha
Abid and Sara Khan. Please make dua for them and for the school children in
Jordan!

In other news, *sister's game night is tonight*, Thursday Feb 16th, at *UC
470* from *4-8pm*. So sisters, please bring snacks and games and your fun
spirit! The brothers' game night will be on March 29th.

[image: Sisters Game Night 2012.jpg]

From* Monday 2/20 to Thursday 2/23* from *12:15-2pm*, we will be doing *
Henna* in *Library plaza* to fundaise for MSA. If you can help by applying
henna, explaining the tradition in different cultures, or collect/count
money, please stop by!

As a part of our Children of Abraham series, we will be having *FREE lunch
with intervarsity* Christian fellowship on *Wednesday February 22 from
11-2pm* in *university center 470*. Stop in at anytime, grab a bite, and
meet some new friends!

[image: Intervarsity lunch.jpg]

 The *Fast-a-thon* is scheduled to be on the Tuesday, *March 6th*. Spread
the word and join us.

[image: FastathonFlyer.JPG]

Also, we *need one person to take over the reservations liaison
position*for Huda Abdi once she graduates. Please email Safia Ansari
at
[log in to unmask] if you're interested.

Last but not least, please pay the *dues for Spring Semester 2012* at the *box
in the prayer room* if you have not done so already. The majority of the
dues collected goes to paying rent for the prayer room. Thanks in Advance.

- GSU MSA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. Our Deen Offline: Event for Single Muslims | April 21st, 2012 | 1 PM – 4
PM | Atlanta, GA
2. Helping Hands Opportunity: Spring Break in Haiti
3. World's First Muslim Spelling Bee competition: Registration now open
4. Spring 2012 Intergroup Dialogue (IGD) on Religion registration is now
open.
5. LGBT Muslims Retreat in Philadelphia: May 25-28, 2012.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Our Deen Offline | April 21st, 2012 | 1 PM – 4 PM | Atlanta, GA

Be one of the first to attend a Muslim singles event of this caliber on the
East coast hosted by none other than YouTube sensation Baba Ali himself.
 If you are serious about getting married and want to meet people who are
highly compatible with you, but do not want to go through the musical
chairs (AKA speed-dating) process, then this is your event.  This event was
designed for the successful Muslim professional in mind, where one’s honor
and dignity is preserved.  To learn more about this event and sign up visit
http://halfourdeen.polldaddy.com/s/offline-registration-atlanta.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Helping Hands Opportunity: Spring Break in Haiti

Last year college students from across the US came together to spend their
Spring Break in Haiti to assist with HHRD emergency relief efforts. These
students were able to partake in building shelters, volunteer in medical
camps, and teach Haitian children in makeshift schools. HHRD is once again
reaching out to students to spend their 2012 Spring Break in efforts to
rebuild Haiti. For more information, please click
here<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=8dnrezcab&v=001XMg27mzAwer62vwdIXxjVOEL_aCiNumCHnPpeUXRs_ocIluSFBiWpw1PCCwg6ox2Ce8VE0UG5DzxE8PrhA3t4lsSbhx1DO1C024BvCWJDroExYesH0WE16U6bEp5vqQwyvIv7sFcHdyX2ouU3qKURqyvWB9GWHxlciQcP9-enfIKhFsrLldzi1qFKZ9hVex4LBf2M6w3qvY%3D>
.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. World's First Muslim Spelling Bee competition

We are pleased to announce the registration for the World's First Muslim
Spelling Bee competition are now open to Muslim Children ( ages up to 14
years) from Islamic School, Public School, Private School and Home School .
http://muslimspellingbee.com/Register.aspx.

The following opportunities are available with the Muslim Spelling Bee
Competition:

 1. Judges, Volunteers, Internship and Pronouncers for the regional and
national competition. (Contact us at [log in to unmask])

2. Sponsorship of the event (Contact us at [log in to unmask])

3. Vendor space at the main event (Contact us at

4. Vendor space at the regional (Contact the School directly)
http://www.muslimspellingbee.com/1/islamic-schools-support

5. The regional competition would also have a cultural event and
Bazaar/Vendor Booths and you can contact the School for further details.
http://www.muslimspellingbee.com/1/islamic-schools-support
Please check out TV commercial on *TV One* channel http://tv1online.tv/,
http://www.muslimspellingbee.com/14/video and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxXHAzNF-I.

[image: spellingbee.jpg]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Spring 2012 Intergroup Dialogue (IGD) on Religion registration is now
open.

To register yourself, please click on the link below and complete the
electronic registration form. There are NO paper forms this semester. All
registration will take place electronically:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDllWEVDcTlzdXpQX1BCWTB6bzFlLXc6MQ

Once members have completed their electronic registration, they will be
contacted by the Office of Intercultural Relations informing them of their
exact Intergroup Dialogue date and time. However, all members who sign-up
for a spring IGD must attend the *Saturday, March 10 (9am – 3pm)* Intergroup
Dialogue Retreat.

If you have any questions, please call 404/413-1576 or email

5. LGBT Muslims Retreat.

**The following event is not sponsored or.endorsed by the MSA at GSU. We
are only passing on an announcement request from a community member as all
other announcements are. Thank you.

[image: LGBT retreat.jpg]