Dear GSU investigators,
If you have an NIH grant award or plan to submit a proposal for an NIH award, please take note of some of the more recent policy updates from NIH.  We are beginning to publish important NIH (http://www.gsu.edu/research/NIH_proposals.html) and NSF (http://www.gsu.edu/research/NSF_proposals.html) policy changes on the URSA website in order to help make you aware of these critical changes that may affect your awards or your NIH and NSF proposals in the future.

Recent NIH Policy Additions and Revisions:

1.    Salary Limitation on Grants, Cooperative Agreements, and Contracts (NOT-OD-12-035<http://grants1.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-12-035.html>), effective 1/20/2012). Summary: NIH has reduced the salary cap from $199,700 to $179,700 on all NIH awards with issue dates on or after 12/23/11.

2.    Revised Multiple Program Directors/Principal Investigators Policy (NOT-OD-11-118<http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-11-118.html>), effective 9/28/2011). Summary: Multiple PIs may now be requested for new and renewal applications designed to promote team science and multidisciplinary approaches to biomedical research.

3.    We just want to remind you of the policy change that took effect last year that essentially truncates our timeline for the submission and review of NIH proposals.  Eliminate Error Correction Window for Proposal Due Dates (NOT-OD-10-123<http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-10-123.html>), effective 1/25/2011). Summary: NIH grant proposals no longer receive a 2-day window for error correction following the deadline for submission.  Proposals must now be received error-free in Grants.gov by the deadline.

Sincerely,
Monica Swahn, Ph.D.
Associate VP for Research