bismillah.jpg

Assalamu Alaikum Fellow MSA'ers

Hope your semester started off well. We have some fun activities lined up for you this semester.

Insha-Allah, we will be starting our bi-weekly Halaqas from this Tuesday the 24th. They will take place in the Arts and Humanities Building in rooms 320 (brothers) and 327 (sisters) at 12:15 - 1pm every Tuesday and Thursday

In addition, we will have a Bake Sale going on at the library plaza Monday - Thursday this week (Jan 23 - 26) and the next (Jan 30 - Feb 2) from 12 - 2:30pm (See attached Flyer). For questions or to sign up for a shift at the table and/or to bring a baked good please contact either: Sara Khan @[log in to unmask] OR Madiha Abid @ [log in to unmask]

Last but not least, we have the Fast-A-Thon coming up on March 6th, as well as game nights coming up on Feb 16 (sisters) and Mar 29 (brothers). We will send out updates on these events later. If you have questions, comments, suggestions or other activity ideas, please email us.

Walaikum Salaam,

- GSU MSA

1. Bake Sale for MSA Members.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. Studio apartment available for rent in Buckhead.
2. Poetry Event on Friday Jan 27th at 7pm at Morehouse College (Kilgore Hall).
3. Full-time teacher wanted at the school for Qur'an Memorization (Hifz). Tentative salary = $20/hour.
4. Volunteer Opportunity in India or Morocco this summer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Studio apartment available for rent in Buckhead.

Asalaamu alaykum,

I'm looking to sublet my place for one to two months.... Rent is under 1k/ month and in a very safe and secure neighborhood, off of 25th and Peachtree.

Very large studio (677 sq ft), gets lots of sunlight, with new appliances and washer/dryer included. Please contact me at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.

Best,

Fareez

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Poetry Event on Friday Jan 27th at 7pm at Morehouse College (Kilgore Hall).

2. Poetic Rememberance Flyer.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. The school for Quran memorization (Hifz) is looking for a full-time teacher for the current students. At $20/hr, the 8 middle school students need someone who can teach all subjects according to the Cobb County Curriculum. Please send resumes to Amjad Taufique at <[log in to unmask]>.

4. Volunteer Opportunity in India or Morocco this summer.

Opportunity for Muslims in North America ages 18-30 to volunteer in India or Morocco in a group this summer with United for Service (www.unitedforservice.org). It's an excellent opportunity to learn about the challenges of working in a developing country, gain international experience, and expose the youth of our community to an entirely different way of life.

I have included our newsletter with small descriptions of the programs below.  The cost for each trip is as follows: $1300 for India and $1650 for Morocco. This includes: accommodations, food, and in country transportation.  Flights will be the responsibility of the volunteer.  We don't expect volunteers to pay the full cost out of pocket - fundraising is a big part of not-for-profit work and we support all of our volunteers throughout their own fundraising processes.

Applications for the trips are due
 January 31, 2012. A reference letter is needed, so please don't procrastinate!

Applications and more information can be found on our website at:
 www.unitedforservice.org
. Any further questions can be directed at [log in to unmask]